• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing my mod 2 sport coat and trousers. The jacket is made up in a wonderful charcoal herringbone from Loro Piana, and the trousers are charcoal Crispaire. To keep it monochromatic, I went with this super fine white flannel herringbone button down shirt, and a grey wool tie from last season.

As many of you might know this new model 2 jacket, the length has been increased by a couple of cm, and the buttoning point lowered proportionally. Extended shoulders have been replaced with spalla camicia and the patch hip pockets are rounded and slanted. Each and every button hole is handmade and very neatly done (sleeves are still non-functioning for easy alterations). These jackets are now fully canvassed as well. The trousers are a much better fit for my larger thighs, so I guess you can say I'm a big fan of the changes to both models. Pretty impressive that Cavour has found a way to improve the quality and value of their in house tailoring.

0F5BC8D4-8318-4033-85C5-0D1A021EE8F9.jpeg
BF50EB7E-7D36-4139-9E79-9E5A6B37B528.jpeg
CACE2BBE-462E-4725-84D7-D3AADCF48B6B.jpeg
607DC5AA-DC9E-46DB-9C3B-2BA5B5636558.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wearing my mod 2 sport coat and trousers. The jacket is made up in a wonderful charcoal herringbone from Loro Piana, and the trousers are charcoal Crispaire. To keep it monochromatic, I went with this super fine white flannel herringbone button down shirt, and a grey wool tie from last season.

As many of you might know this new model 2 jacket, the length has been increased by a couple of cm, and the buttoning point lowered proportionally. Extended shoulders have been replaced with spalla camicia and the patch hip pockets are rounded and slanted. Each and every button hole is handmade and very neatly done (sleeves are still non-functioning for easy alterations). These jackets are now fully canvassed as well. The trousers are a much better fit for my larger thighs, so I guess you can say I'm a big fan of the changes to both models. Pretty impressive that Cavour has found a way to improve the quality and value of their in house tailoring.

View attachment 1485265 View attachment 1485264 View attachment 1485266 View attachment 1485267

Thanks for your kind words, Colin. Very glad you like our new cut.
The photos look great, and it is fun to see you in something so different from the rest of your IG feed. Well done! :)

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words, Colin. Very glad you like our new cut.
The photos look great, and it is fun to see you in something so different from the rest of your IG feed. Well done! :)

Yes indeed! I had a helpful nudge in this direction, and it couldn't have worked better.

BomTrady

Reaction score

View attachment 1485265 View attachment 1485264 View attachment 1485266 View attachment 1485267
'Stunningly great. fit!

Artserg

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin! I am wondering about your Almond 2 penny loafers. How good are they for an anckle with high instep? And what about their sizing- should I take my regular 7.5 or with high instep wood it be better to take 8?

Also could you please let me know when do you expect Brown Marling and Evan's will be available online?

Thank you!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Hi Kevin! I am wondering about your Almond 2 penny loafers. How good are they for an anckle with high instep? And what about their sizing- should I take my regular 7.5 or with high instep wood it be better to take 8?

Also could you please let me know when do you expect Brown Marling and Evan's will be available online?

Thank you!

Hi,

The RJ stuff will probably be up next week. Our photo guy is off this week.

As for the shoes i would say to go with your usual size.
Most of our customers do, and for myself I wear the same size as In my STC, EG and C&J loafers.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Can you help me translate this text message?
I think it says 30% off ALL items but it doesn't seem to work on already discounted items?

Kjære kunde,
Tiden er usikker, men vi holder butikkene åpne inntil videre.

Vi trenger å lette litt på varelageret, og i den forbindelse gir vi deg 30% rabatt på ALLE varer. Bruk rabattkoden: sale30 når du handler i nettbutikken på www.cavour.co

Rabatten gjelder også i butikkene i Vika og i Rådhuspassasjen.

Takk for støtten! Hilsen Richard, Sebastian og team Cavour

Se: www.cavour.co så kode: sale30

, För avreg? SMS:a CAVSTOP till 2210

ErikJN

Reaction score
Your translation is correct, however 30% extra off on goods already discounted up to 70% clearly wouldn't make sense IMO.

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your translation is correct, however 30% extra off on goods already discounted up to 70% clearly wouldn't make sense IMO.
I agree, but at this moment all sale items are excluded. Even the 10% and 20% discounted items.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have either the Mod 22 or Mod 88 jeans and have any feedback on fit, styling?

I usually like a straight/slim but the Mod 88 look to maybe be a bit tighter in the thigh than I would prefer.

Sounds to me like you would prefer the mod 22.

Both are on the slim side, but mod 88 is slimmer in the thigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads