• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Over the course of July, which is the italian august to us Norwegians we had only extras working, so things may have been a little slow. But Today all open tickets in our inbox were cleared, so I hope this includes your inquiries too. If not, please send me a PM, and I will sort it out.

My apologies for the long wait!

Hi Cavour - I ordered a suit online earlier and the suit arrives in a few days. I was quite happy with the shipping services but the suit unfortunately doesn’t fit very well and therefore have to return it

Despite my effort in requesting a return label via multiple emails as well as phone calls for over a week, I still haven’t heard from you guys even though I was promised that this would be sent to me last Friday the latest. Could you please kindly assist me with this as I would have to miss the 14 days window to return the item.

Thank you for the assistance in advance!
@kevinsvindland I'm having a similar experience with my return request. Can you assist?

Thank you,
Louis

Inigoluis

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland

Can you please provide measurements for 100hands? And Are you getting any denim button down from them for F/W? Thank you.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland

Can you please provide measurements for 100hands? And Are you getting any denim button down from them for F/W? Thank you.

Measurements should be up shortly. Seems pir photographer is one length ahead of our writer..

I believe there is one denim shirt lined up, But it has yet to arrive.

sanchez2018

Reaction score
Quality overall!

@silentsim I made my first Cavour shoe purchase recently and the quality seems solid and a STEAL with the current sale. I don't have experience with Carlos Santos shoes. However, it was especially nice to see the Cavour shoes use leather board for the heel and toe stiffeners were others might use plastic (i.e., Meermin use plastic in their baseline shoe and that's one reason the break in can be tough). Also, the leather feels supple on the two pairs I own: Cap Toe Oxford Soft Chisel and Balmoral Oxford Soft Chisel. The cap to oxford has a rubber sole that's more discrete than I thought presented online and the balmoral oxford has a lovely blind close channeled leather sole. The fit (as is in the description) is generous and my feet appreciate it as I boarder the standard USA D/E width with a medium/high instep.

For reference I mostly own Allen Edmonds along with a pair of RM Williams Craftsman, suede chukkas from Spier & Mackay, and some nice CF Stead loafers from Grant Stone.

I hope this helps! I doubt I've provided a comprehensive take but I've only recently discovered the brand and these are the only pairs I own.

Best,
Louis

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I ordered a couple suits last month and have been trying to get in touch to return one—color just doesn’t work for me the way I imagined. I haven’t heard back by email or message here (but did hear back on an earlier matter quite promptly). Is there a better way to contact you?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Just wondering, is there a way for us to know how much fabric are in the trousers of the Cavour suit to be let out? The wool silk seersucker trouser had almost an inch of fabric below the knee which was great since it is much more comfortable after I get them back from my tailor.

However the Winter Hightwist I bought last year had virtually no seam allowance or extra fabric on the trousers. I enjoy wearing the Hightwist suit but the trousers keep catching on my calves and my tailor can't do anything about it. If the Cavour suit trousers will have enough fabric to be let out, it would definitely remove my hesitation in buying more suits due to the tight trousers.

Ellson

Reaction score
Received my Summer Hopsack Jacket two weeks back, and just got it back from shortening the sleeve length. The jacket fits near perfect off the rack with a very clean drape, both front and back, as well as the sleeve pitch. However, I'd prefer the jacket having just a little bit more room in the chest area, and also a lower buttoning point. Nonetheless, I'm very pleased with how well the jacket wears on me, especially given my sloping shoulders.

Attachments

• photo_2020-08-12_22-23-44.jpg
    photo_2020-08-12_22-23-44.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 155

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I ordered a couple suits last month and have been trying to get in touch to return one—color just doesn’t work for me the way I imagined. I haven’t heard back by email or message here (but did hear back on an earlier matter quite promptly). Is there a better way to contact you?

Did you email [email protected]?
If so, Robin should be on it. If you did, and still got no reply, please resend and I will look out for it today.

During the sale the inbox has been pretty loaded, and we may have simply missed it.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Just wondering, is there a way for us to know how much fabric are in the trousers of the Cavour suit to be let out? The wool silk seersucker trouser had almost an inch of fabric below the knee which was great since it is much more comfortable after I get them back from my tailor.

However the Winter Hightwist I bought last year had virtually no seam allowance or extra fabric on the trousers. I enjoy wearing the Hightwist suit but the trousers keep catching on my calves and my tailor can't do anything about it. If the Cavour suit trousers will have enough fabric to be let out, it would definitely remove my hesitation in buying more suits due to the tight trousers.

This spring season more allowance was added, and even more for the upcoming fall/winter new model suits.
The new jacket is also slightly longer, with a lower closing button.
First deliveries should be in early september.

flamer628

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland are there any new Cavour oxfords, derby styles, or dress boots in production? If so, when can we expect them on the site? If not is this something we’ll eventually see and when?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads