• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

sanchez2018

Reaction score
@cavour I recently purchased a few pair of your house brand oxfords including the soft chisel oxford in brown museum and wanted to first say how impressed I am with the build, material, and fit. Are there cream polishes that you might recommend for this color from Saphir?

Additionally, I would welcome advice on maintaining the museum calfs original color.

Thanks,
Louis

Edit: @kevinsvindland

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@cavour I recently purchased a few pair of your house brand oxfords including the soft chisel oxford in brown museum and wanted to first say how impressed I am with the build, material, and fit. Are there cream polishes that you might recommend for this color from Saphir?

Additionally, I would welcome advice on maintaining the museum calfs original color.

Thanks,
Louis

Edit: @kevinsvindland

Thanks for your kind words, Louis.
very glad you like our shoes.
In general we are quite fond of Saphir products. A mix of different browns should do well. Or just stick to neutral, and watch the patina develop, untill you want your shoes to be darker again.

I am sure alot of folks on here are better at shoecare than I am, so feel free to chime in people.:)

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland What is the flannel weight of your 5-pocket trousers?

Also, is there a measurement chart available?

Thank you.

I dont have it at hand now, Sorry.
True to size, But slim.

the weight is 280 if my memory serves me right. Slightly lighter than the classic VBC 340g.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What EGs have you got lined up?!

All the ones I want for myself;)

95ADF66C-2600-4581-9570-C86D33D493E0.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What is the difference between R1 and R2? And what’s the smallest size available will you get dor the Dover and Galway Doak? ?

R2 is thicker, about the same thickness as the classic Dainite.

All starting at 7,5 (dictated by statistics)

But all will be available as MTOs with no surcharge should a smaller size be of interest.

Inigoluis

Reaction score
R2 is thicker, about the same thickness as the classic Dainite.

All starting at 7,5 (dictated by statistics)

But all will be available as MTOs with no surcharge should a smaller size be of interest.

Got it. Sent you a PM.

Thank you.

looklikeeric

Reaction score
Hi Cavour - I ordered a suit online earlier and the suit arrives in a few days. I was quite happy with the shipping services but the suit unfortunately doesn’t fit very well and therefore have to return it

Despite my effort in requesting a return label via multiple emails as well as phone calls for over a week, I still haven’t heard from you guys even though I was promised that this would be sent to me last Friday the latest. Could you please kindly assist me with this as I would have to miss the 14 days window to return the item.

Thank you for the assistance in advance!

sanchez2018

Reaction score
Hi Cavour - I ordered a suit online earlier and the suit arrives in a few days. I was quite happy with the shipping services but the suit unfortunately doesn’t fit very well and therefore have to return it

Despite my effort in requesting a return label via multiple emails as well as phone calls for over a week, I still haven’t heard from you guys even though I was promised that this would be sent to me last Friday the latest. Could you please kindly assist me with this as I would have to miss the 14 days window to return the item.

Thank you for the assistance in advance!

@kevinsvindland I'm having a similar experience with my return request. Can you assist?

Thank you,
Louis

james.darley

Reaction score
IMG_8001.jpg
IMG_8002.jpg

I received these beauties earlier today. They are the Cavour Cap Toe Oxford Almond 1. It is an absolute steal at $130 USD with the current promotion. I was very impressed with the 2 day delivery to NYC via DHL.

I was looking for a replacement for my Allen Edmonds 11 D Park Avenue that were damaged by salt a few years ago. It had gotten to the point that polish and wax were no longer hiding the severe damage.

I am very happy with the quality of the product, especially at this price point. I would concur with the previous assessment earlier in this thread. The fit is very generous, especially at the ball of the foot. I had to size down to a 9.5UK, when I typically get a 10UK in the Meermin Hiro or Carmina Rain last. If you have a narrow foot, then these are not for you.

In comparison to the Allen Edmonds Park Avenue or Alden Cap Toe Ban Oxford, they are more refined and have a sleeker, European shape. So if you prefer a more American design, I'd shy away from them.

The materials and finishing are top notch. The uppers are soft/supple and did not contain any noticeable blemishes. They feature soft padding in the heel for added comfort. The stitching on the uppers were uniform with a pleasing stitch density and very few loose thread ends and the welt stitching was largely uniform with a few minor imperfections. There was a slight notch where the welt meets the heel on the right shoe but it wasn’t major. You can see it in the photo above.

All in all, I’m very pleased with the quality of construction and comfort they offer. I'd highly recommend them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads