• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

This might sound like a stupid question, but how do Cavour's house brand suits fit?

I am thinking of getting this. However, I usually fit between a 50-52 depending on how slim or generous the garment is.

I am also between 50 and 52, but need long sizes. I wear 40l with spier and Mackay and j crew. 102 with suitsupply (slightly loose). With cavour i find 52 fits me best.

forgetfool

Reaction score
Can I find out if all Cavour shirts are made with mother of pearl buttons? What is the difference in the shirting fabrics used for the luxury range and the normal shirts?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can I find out if all Cavour shirts are made with mother of pearl buttons? What is the difference in the shirting fabrics used for the luxury range and the normal shirts?

Yes, always MOP buttons on all shirts.

The luxury fabrics are 200/2 + supplied by David & John Anderson, and the others are usually 100/2 - 140/2

forgetfool

Reaction score
Yes, always MOP buttons on all shirts.

The luxury fabrics are 200/2 + supplied by David & John Anderson, and the others are usually 100/2 - 140/2

Thanks for the quick reply. Will look to get one to try out in my size. I'm also keen on the S150 luxury suit as well. Can i find out if these are full canvas with functioning cuffs?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Will look to get one to try out in my size. I'm also keen on the S150 luxury suit as well. Can i find out if these are full canvas with functioning cuffs?

Fully canvassed Yes, but sham holes to make alterations easier.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland do you have any teasers for FW? Especially in the new, longer cut?

We should be getting some cuts of all the fabrics we used pretty soon.
Personally I am Looking forward to a Fox Heritage Flannel pinstripe suit.

Apart from that we only have some fit and make samples that were made from random fabrics. Not so interesting..
But come august, there will be plenty to show.

Peking_Gent

Reaction score
Are all of the Cavour suits and blazers full canvassed?

Also, I find the size chart rather confusing, what exactly is a point to point measurement? If it is a shoulder measurement, it is at least 2 cm wider than usual IT sizing jackets.

Inigoluis

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland ,
I know your sale are currently between 20%-50% right now, but as I was reading old conversations here, you use to give extra discount to forum people, did you guys stop doing that? Just curious. Thanks!

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly the Cavour house label offers high quality products at a fair price. I find the cashmere sweaters to be outstanding. At 50% off it's a really good deal if you're looking for classic menswear. So I would take a leap of faith and buy something. I imagine they could use the support. Further discounting can't be sustainable for a small shop like cavour.

I just received my suit I ordered and then I just saw the extra 15% off. Part of me definitely wants to ask for the cost difference back but I also realize that Cavour is a store I value and probably needs the extra cash more badly than me, so I'm refraining.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland ,
I know your sale are currently between 20%-50% right now, but as I was reading old conversations here, you use to give extra discount to forum people, did you guys stop doing that? Just curious. Thanks!

There is an extra code live now:

«extrasale15»

Pull the trigger, the remaining sizes are moving pretty fast.:)

Inigoluis

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland ,
Someone beat me to the pants I am planning to get. Lol. Oh well,
Hi @kevinsvindland ,

@kevinsvindland

Someone beat me to the item I want. Lol. All good, I
Hi @kevinsvindland ,
Someone beat me to the item I am planning to get. Lol. All good, bought a Cavour jacket instead. Thank you!
There is an extra code live now:

«extrasale15»

Pull the trigger, the remaining sizes are moving pretty fast.:)
I missed it, someone beat me to the trouser I wanted in my size. Lol. Oh well, purchased a Cavour jacket instead.

Are you re-stocking any Ambrosi RTW in the near future? What you have are all beautiful but I personally prefer the classic extended waistband.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Someone beat me to the pants I am planning to get. Lol. Oh well,

@kevinsvindland

Someone beat me to the item I want. Lol. All good, I

Someone beat me to the item I am planning to get. Lol. All good, bought a Cavour jacket instead. Thank you!

I missed it, someone beat me to the trouser I wanted in my size. Lol. Oh well, purchased a Cavour jacket instead.

Are you re-stocking any Ambrosi RTW in the near future? What you have are all beautiful but I personally prefer the classic extended waistband.

Yes, Crispaire in several classic colors and some gabardine in beige and green. Plus a very special flannel in some good seasonal colors

The first lot should be online in a little while.

Ambrosi is probably my favorite of all our brands. Best trousers on the market.??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics