• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Another look at our Cavour Sartoria line of suits. Currently only available for custom orders. But RTW will be introduced later on.
23B1BA61-B7CD-4D32-AFA1-79438BD4CC29.jpeg

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made in Naples. (Or 20 min outside Naples, but still EU)

Thanks! I can avoid duties :)

Also, Naples is a very nice place. Enjoyed my time at the archaeological museum. And the pizza.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting, canada imposes duties based on where the item was made, not where it ships from? wonder if the US does that too...

Yes. It matters where the item is made. Before CETA, the trade agreement between Canada and the EU, only made in USA was free of duties (NAFTA). I have to be careful not to order anything from China.

For the USA, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as it's below $800.

Konnor

Reaction score
Is there any chance to do a size swap on trousers when ordering a suit? I ordered a 50 suit last time and the pants were almost too large to tailor.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
I'm also from Canada, toronto to be exact. My order of a suit and a drake scarf came with a $40 customs fee from DHL

Yes. It matters where the item is made. Before CETA, the trade agreement between Canada and the EU, only made in USA was free of duties (NAFTA). I have to be careful not to order anything from China.

For the USA, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter where it comes from as long as it's below $800.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Could I get some sizing info on their black cap toes? Any idea how they fit against vibergs, Allen Edmonds, meermin, or carmina Inca?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could I get some sizing info on their black cap toes? Any idea how they fit against vibergs, Allen Edmonds, meermin, or carmina Inca?

I have no experience with the others you mention, but our soft chisel last is pretty similar to Carmina Rain. The instep is on the generous side, and people mostly go with their usual UK size.
Personally I wear the same as i do in my C&J (325), EG (82) and StC (classic) shoes.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there any chance to do a size swap on trousers when ordering a suit? I ordered a 50 suit last time and the pants were almost too large to tailor.

The suits only come as a set. But we do have a high twist fabric that is sold as separates, in a range of different colors.

To split up the suits would be a nightmare due to all the odd stock it would create.
But we are working on a permanent program for basic suits to be sold as separates.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! I can avoid duties :)

Also, Naples is a very nice place. Enjoyed my time at the archaeological museum. And the pizza.

It is indeed! Salvatore Ambrosi introduced me to Ristorante Europeo Mattozzi, and the owner Alfonso. Alfonso has a passion for Antonio Panicos tailoring, and serves the best pasta Genovese in town. Well worth a visit if you go again.:)

Lindrian

Reaction score
Heh. I need a 48 jacket and size 50 trouser. Do you need the opposite? If so, maybe we can work something out with the cavour team.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland or US-based customers who have ordered recently - is Cavour still shipping via DHL to the US?

Kevin, I have an item getting ready to purchase and your site is telling me my street address (which I've had previous orders from Cavour delivered to) is "not found" with option to continue anyway. I don't recall this coming up when putting in previous orders.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland or US-based customers who have ordered recently - is Cavour still shipping via DHL to the US?

Kevin, I have an item getting ready to purchase and your site is telling me my street address (which I've had previous orders from Cavour delivered to) is "not found" with option to continue anyway. I don't recall this coming up when putting in previous orders.

Hmm, not really sure how that works. If there is an option to proceed, I can’t understand that it should not work. As long as the area code/post number has not changed since your last order, I am sure it will be OK. If not, let me know, and I am sure we can sort it out.:)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads