• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How do bontonis fit? Wide? Long? Short? High instep? Would UK9 translate to 43?

In my experience they usually look a bit bulky and vulgar (I mean that in the best way possible), but I find they fit rather sleek on the foot. Slightly elongated toe, on most lasts. But I would say that they fit true to size, and I take the same size as I do in EG. (8,5 = 42,5) On my foot an EG Picadilly and A Bontoni Principe feels pretty much the same in terms of instep.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's interesting; I didn't realize that the vendor had the option, I naively thought the manufacturer "always" did or did not do that (either across the entire line or for certain models). I never realized that one vendor might have them while another may not. In that case, you should really note that in the description.

There are always plenty of options with these types of artisenal brands. Most products from our external brands (EG, StC, Bontoni, Attolini, Rota, 100 Hands, Ambrosi....) are made on our specs, and made to order for us.

Mainly because none of them really have a collection, like more fashion brands do. We mostly buy from Fabric swatches and leather samples. Ofcourse sometimes we do makeups that have been done many times before. No reason to try and invent the wheel again wit a Black 82 last Chelsea from EG, or a white cutaway collar shirt from 100 Hands for example.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland !
You are working on Cavour FW 2020, right?
Could I suggest someting for future footwear styles?
Is it possible to make Cavour shoes / boots in casual style with rugged Vibram lug sole?
Like the look plus they are very grippy and comfortable to walk on.

Some pictures from C&J for inspiration.

coniston_28637a-s51u2-1.jpg

chelsea_11_6449-5015-54-1_2.jpg

pembroke_28679a-g01u2-1.jpg

Hey man, long time no see!

Sure, we can do pretty much everything. We are currently working on some more casual takes on classic models for FW. And I think all three of these pictures are on the inspiration wall already.
But it is good to get some confirmation on our direction.
Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out. Thanks for the input.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just a fit check: Would it be more flattering if I size up to a 52 from the current 50? It’s currently in a more hugging fit, and I am thinking if a slightly extended shoulder is more desirable.

Probably @kevinsvindland and others could opine?

Much appreciated!

I would probably stick to your usual size, as the shoulder is quite extended already. And there is no padding. So if it gets too bit, well it looks a little big. But that said, it is hard to say without seeing what you look like, and how you are put together.
A guy with very wide shoulders might want to size up, and then take in the waist a little and so on.

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
I would probably stick to your usual size, as the shoulder is quite extended already. And there is no padding. So if it gets too bit, well it looks a little big. But that said, it is hard to say without seeing what you look like, and how you are put together.
A guy with very wide shoulders might want to size up, and then take in the waist a little and so on.

Thanks Kevin! It looks round and wears close to the shoulders (especially the dark side below), and here is how it looks:
252BB664-CC29-4DA3-87B0-6111AE565018.jpeg

Would you say that, were the shoulders a tad wider, it would look extended as intended, and more more at ease?

576CF1C0-2E52-4F93-8F3E-606A43BA5F16.jpeg

This suit in comparison, for instance, has a similar shoulder width but larger sleevehead. So it looks a bit easier - would you guys say so?

Thanks again!

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin! It looks round and wears close to the shoulders (especially the dark side below), and here is how it looks:
View attachment 1368203

Would you say that, were the shoulders a tad wider, it would look extended as intended, and more more at ease?

View attachment 1368204
This suit in comparison, for instance, has a similar shoulder width but larger sleevehead. So it looks a bit easier - would you guys say so?

Thanks again!

Hi,

Personally I dont think that you should size up on our jacket. If it were larger, the chest and front would likely end up hanging. I think the size looks right on you, and dont think you would need a more extended shoulder.
To me the grey jacket looks a little on the large side.
But it is ofcourse a matter of preferences, and I am not a fan of the overstudied «right and wrong» take on clothing. At the end of the day ut should look natural and balanced, and feel right to the wearer.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
So about my first pair of Edward Green :cool:

Again, thanks to the Cavour team for your help with sizing and choosing the right model for me.
I am so happy with my choice.

I hope you like the pictures =)

First, the box. Great moment. You can already feel the quality.
1 The box.jpg

Then, the unboxing. Looks amazing.
3 Unboxing.jpg

Out in the wild. They look gorgeous. Very nice dark brown with a strong grain.
5 Unboxed.jpg

5 Unboxed2.jpg

Getting ready, feeling the pressure.
6 Ready to wear.jpg

Amazing. They feel and look so great.
Lighter than expected, in a very good way because they still feel quite substantial.
The R2 sole is amazing. Thin, good grip and good with water.
7 First shot.jpg

7 First shot2.jpg

Funny comparing with what they replace.
8 What they replace.jpg

I am extremely happy with the shoes as they are. Amazing quality, amazing look and they fit really well.
Can't wait to get out whenever that might be.
Nevertheless, I spotted a few things and would like your opinion about them.
Again, I love the shoes as they are but would like to know if this is acceptable or not and if there is something wrong that will cause problems in the future or if it is just a few minor cosmetic details.

First, there is one spot that is not well finished as you can see. There is a thread that comes out and you can see a piece of leather that is not colored as the rest.
4 Default.jpg
4 Default2.jpg

Second, there is quite a difference in the shape of the sole at the front of the shoes.
On the first picture, you can see on the left that the shape of the sole is quite square-ish and that it goes out further from the shoes.
On the second picture, it is more rounded and I prefer it that way.
Honestly, this is quite noticeable and affects the overall shape or perceived shape of the shoes (at least from my point of view when wearing them)
4 Default3.jpg

4 Default4.jpg

Then, there is some color missing here.
4 Default5.jpg

On to the next pair :cool:

JohnFM

Reaction score
Congrats Thomas -- beautiful and similar to my own.

Kevin, a question for you (and Sebastian) concerning EG trees. The set I received should fit perfectly (both size 10 per the box) but they're very difficult to insert in the Dovers. I suspect the trees are intended to fill up the shoe but not stretch it. I know you're out of size 10 trees -- will you be getting more in soon, by chance?

Royal_Airforce

Reaction score
Hi,

Personally I dont think that you should size up on our jacket. If it were larger, the chest and front would likely end up hanging. I think the size looks right on you, and dont think you would need a more extended shoulder.
To me the grey jacket looks a little on the large side.
But it is ofcourse a matter of preferences, and I am not a fan of the overstudied «right and wrong» take on clothing. At the end of the day ut should look natural and balanced, and feel right to the wearer.

Now I’m happily eating pasta in it :)

D249E96B-8E98-4B50-B85D-32A83E82A8D0.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats Thomas -- beautiful and similar to my own.

Kevin, a question for you (and Sebastian) concerning EG trees. The set I received should fit perfectly (both size 10 per the box) but they're very difficult to insert in the Dovers. I suspect the trees are intended to fill up the shoe but not stretch it. I know you're out of size 10 trees -- will you be getting more in soon, by chance?

Hi John,

Usually a sz 10 should fit a size 10 shoe like a glove and fill out the entire shoe. Like when you put the shoe on your foot with a shoehorn.

We dont have any orders in for more trees at the moment. But once we order more shoes, we will also add trees.

heelguy

Reaction score
Received my box with two Cavour label long sleeve cotton polos and a C and J brown grain belt. Great service and products. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads