• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I noticed some of the new shirts have a 2-button adjustable cuff whereas the ones from last season did not - do these new models fit the same as the previous ones in the body and sleeves?

Last edited:

Carmex

Reaction score
How is the general quality like for Cavour in-house products? Prices are pretty high, so I guess the quality is very good?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Kevin, with regards the email you received for the Cavour jackets 3 messages above, then I can assume the size 54 suede bomber to be:

Length - 78cm
sleeve length - 45 cm
waist - 56cm
shoulders 15.5 cm
And the chest is 54cm pit to pit across chest half measurement

Sound about right?

Hi,

The above email referes to the inquiry about Cesare Attolini (CA) jackets.

I do not have the Chart for the bomber jacket at hand right now. But I will see if I can get a hold of it.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the general quality like for Cavour in-house products? Prices are pretty high, so I guess the quality is very good?

I'm not sure many would agree with you that the prices are high..

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland received my Bontoni monks yesterday, one day earlier than DHL had even forecast. Wow! What gorgeous shoes. Sebastian provided quick sizing advice per an email I sent last week that was spot on as the 42.5 fit me splendidly - a half cm up or down would be off. Just couldn't be more impressed with the Bontoni quality, fit, finish, and stunning design, nor with the amazing service from the Cavour team despite how crazy everything is and how busy you all must be with the sale.

Also, I did not see mentioned in any of the Bontoni model descriptions, that they come with a pair of beautiful lasted shoe trees. I see now only that the photos on your site show trees in the shoes, but it might be worth including some additional language to call this out specifcally. Inclusion of the trees was a really nice surprise bonus for mine at least. Thank you again!

That is great!
Thanks for your order.
Very glad they fit you well.:)

We always buy Bontoni and Saint Crispin’s with trees. Not sure if it is a «standard» thing. But it is an option, and it feels like the right thing to do.

We could probably do it with EG too, But then I am sure I would read a lot of «Hey, why is the Dovers 100€ more in your shop» Hehe..

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I noticed some of the new shirts have a 2-button adjustable cuff whereas the ones from last season did not - do these new models fit the same as the previous ones in the body and sleeves?

Hi Viral,

The Cavour Sartoria shirts are a slightly different fit and model. But the «normal» shirts are all spec’ed in the same way as last season. Only difference is that we used some insane fabrics from D&J Anderson, which drives the price up a little bit on some of them.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, the Cavour prices are actually very, very good for comparable garments from other high-quality houses. I would venture to say, in fact, that the Cavour prices are a better value than most, given the fabrics used, attention to cut/styling, and effort invested in identifying and contracting with artisan makers.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Ten points to @Viral ! Haha..

I think our prices given our general use of materials and construction are pretty fair if you look on what other brands charge.

But I will let everyone else be the judge of that.:)

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is great!
Thanks for your order.
Very glad they fit you well.:)

We always buy Bontoni and Saint Crispin’s with trees. Not sure if it is a «standard» thing. But it is an option, and it feels like the right thing to do.

We could probably do it with EG too, But then I am sure I would read a lot of «Hey, why is the Dovers 100€ more in your shop» Hehe..

Thanks again Kevin. Super pleased with them.

Do you know what Bontoni's workshop finishing process is - I assume they some apply polish/wax before shipping out?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Viral,

The Cavour Sartoria shirts are a slightly different fit and model. But the «normal» shirts are all spec’ed in the same way as last season. Only difference is that we used some insane fabrics from D&J Anderson, which drives the price up a little bit on some of them.
Thx for the reply!

In general, would you say the Sartoria line of shirts fit slimmer or looser than the regular line?

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx for the reply!

In general, would you say the Sartoria line of shirts fit slimmer or looser than the regular line?

Also curious about collar stance/height. Looks like both the base Cavour as well as the Satoria line have fairly high collars? @kevinsvindland Do you know what the height is on your shirt collars in cm or inches?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also curious about collar stance/height. Looks like both the base Cavour as well as the Satoria line have fairly high collars? @kevinsvindland Do you know what the height is on your shirt collars in cm or inches?
unless you have a unsually short neck, I would not consider the collars higher than normal. I'll leave it to Kevin to speak to the details....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads