• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

reddargon

Reaction score
Just received my Dovers this morning, and the fit is perfect. Great first experience with Cavour (and EG), I'm sure I'll be making more purchases sooner rather than later. Just wish I had also pulled the trigger on that pair of cordovan Cavendish before they sold out...

dovers.jpg

fal32

Reaction score
how did you size your Dover’s compared to other shoe makers?
Just received my Dovers this morning, and the fit is perfect. Great first experience with Cavour (and EG), I'm sure I'll be making more purchases sooner rather than later. Just wish I had also pulled the trigger on that pair of cordovan Cavendish before they sold out...

View attachment 1364580

reddargon

Reaction score
how did you size your Dover’s compared to other shoe makers?

Per advice on this forum, I went with 8E, a half size up from what I wear in C&J on the 325, 337, and 363 lasts. For what it's worth, I also wear a 9D in AE (Strands and Fifth Avenue), although I bought these many years ago and they are somewhat roomy, so perhaps I got a half size too big.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Edward Green Chelseas in DOAK. Fast service from Cavour;came in a nice box and for the first time ever,there were no duties imposed!

Slight downside was the shoes were store worn pairs but I dont really mind as it will be eventually worn soon. Definitely planning to grab another pair (A Dover or black pair of Chelseas)

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got my Bontoni loafers yesterday, which is already super fast when the world is normal, packed and delivered perfectly. As my first pair of new Bontoni's that I've handled, they are just fantastic. That said, I'm not 100% sold yet that the style will work for me but they are so well made it's hard to see me parting with them.

Cavour's customer service on this one is batting 100% for me. This was also my first purchase ever from them and I'll be happy to revisit them again.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my Bontoni loafers yesterday, which is already super fast when the world is normal, packed and delivered perfectly. As my first pair of new Bontoni's that I've handled, they are just fantastic. That said, I'm not 100% sold yet that the style will work for me but they are so well made it's hard to see me parting with them.

Cavour's customer service on this one is batting 100% for me. This was also my first purchase ever from them and I'll be happy to revisit them again.

Nice. How long was shipping time for yours and are you here in the US?

I placed my order for a pair of Bontoni monks yesterday afternoon Pacific Time, and DHL already has them on the way with expected delivery Tuesday to CA. Awesome service from Cavour staff, one again. This will be my first pair of Bontoni as well and really looking forward to them.

Last edited:

acwiz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience getting dinged for duties for delivery to Canada (or New York - am deciding where I should get this shipped to...)? Thanks much,

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience getting dinged for duties for delivery to Canada (or New York - am deciding where I should get this shipped to...)? Thanks much,
I think the gift limit for no import tax is declared value of 60$. For real prices from 150-300$ you are looking at 60-120$ if I remember correctly.

The US has no import tax from the EU at least under 800$. Not sure if Norway has the same.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

people in the US are basically getting a great deal from the government by not having to pay any taxes buying stuff abroad under the 800$ mark.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no taxes/fees when shipped to NJ..........I can confirm from prior purchases

acwiz

Reaction score
Brilliant, thanks all - guess I’ll just have to wait this whole mess passes and pick up in NY...

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice. How long was shipping time for yours and are you here in the US?

I placde my order for a pair of Bontoni monks yesterday afternoon Pacific Time, and DHL already has them on the way with expected delivery Tuesday to CA. Awesome service from Cavour staff, one again. This will be my first pair of Bontoni as well and really looking forward to them.
I don't have the exact dates but I think I orderred late Sat 3/28 PM and got them yesterday 4/1 (in US time); they were in DHLs hands in like 24-36 hours'ish from when I pressed the button. fyi: I'm in east-coast USA in FL if that makes a difference.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have the exact dates but I think I orderred late Sat 3/28 PM and got them yesterday 4/1 (in US time); they were in DHLs hands in like 24-36 hours'ish from when I pressed the button. fyi: I'm in east-coast USA in FL if that makes a difference.
Thanks. Yes I would expect East Coast US could be a bit faster than West. Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads