• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

that is a fantastic deal!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You got me all excited, until I was about to check out and the Dover I had in my cart changed from discounted to full price before I checked out! Oh well, I'm probably better off saving the money, but maybe next time...

Maybe I was a little fast, could be some system lag for everything to be up as it should.

patekman

Reaction score
You got me all excited, until I was about to check out and the Dover I had in my cart changed from discounted to full price before I checked out! Oh well, I'm probably better off saving the money, but maybe next time...

It could be worse you could have purchased a pair of Edward Green Galways only to be told that they can't supply them

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It could be worse you could have purchased a pair of Edward Green Galways only to be told that they can't supply them

I’m Sorry if we were unable to deliver your order. This is why we had to take EG offline to correct the mistake in our stock. If an item is not available for any reason, your money will be refunded asap! My apologies for the inconvenience.

patekman

Reaction score
I am sorry Kevin but this just isn't good enough.
You took the money from my card and I would like the goods that I purchased!
You asked people to support you during this difficult time and they did!
It is not my or anyone else fault that you can't control your stock levels.
Your offer of a refund and a 20% discount on my next purchase (despite purchasing the shoes at a 30% discount?) just isn't professional.
Why can't you order the shoes in from EG to fix your firms inadequacies or offer me a 30% discount on my next EG purchase (plus free shipping as per your current offer)

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your offer of a refund and a 20% discount on my next purchase (despite purchasing the shoes at a 30% discount?) just isn't professional.
Why can't you order the shoes in from EG to fix your firms inadequacies or offer me a 30% discount on my next EG purchase (plus free shipping as per your current offer)

Ban this guy from all future purchasing.

TokenMao

Reaction score

Come on man... I get that it sucks they cancelled your order but I think you're going a bit overboard here. Let's be clear on what this is - a slight inconvenience, please don't act like they wronged you. Even if it was completely "normal" times right now, inaccurate stock levels happen and sometimes orders get cancelled. He offered you a refund plus a discount on your next order to make up for the inconvenience. They're not in the business of selling EG at 30% off 24/7.

That being said, keep in mind what's happening around the world right now (in terms of the human and medical crisis element) and why they're having a sale to begin with. Who knows what's going on as far as supply chain disruptions, maybe it's not trivial to order another pair from EG directly (a bunch of factories are closed). Shipping is being heavily stressed right now, a bunch of things aren't working like normal, etc. Frankly it's really inconsiderate of you especially to blast this out on their affiliate thread (I'm assuming with the intention of trying to force them to give you what you want, otherwise you'd keep it private through email).

kalufsen

Reaction score
Chill - Happens quite often for smaller firms unfortunately that doesn't have the manpower nor the infrastructure to be 100% accurate in all they do.

I get you´re upset, I have been multiple times too (not with Cavour) but at the end of the day, its a pair of shoes. To expect Cavour to basically order a MTO for you or give you a 30 % discount on a stock EG is ridiculous.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, that is incredible entitlement right here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads