• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is the thigh room on Cavour suit pants? As a guy with a big butt and big thighs, I don't want to split them on the first wear.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conistons from the sale. I was looking for a pair of boots to wear in rain (pretty regular during winter here in Atlanta), and was ready to pull the trigger on a pair of SoH Byron boots when I came across the Cavour sale. Decided to buy two pairs, one solely for wet weather wear.

DSC_0804.JPG

Last edited:

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conistons from the sale. I was looking for a pair of boots to wear in rain (pretty regular during winter here in Atlanta), and was ready to pull the trigger on a pair of SoH Byron boots when I came across the Cavour sale. Decided to buy two pairs, one for solely for wet weather wear.

View attachment 1343937

Very lucky! I didn't even see these.

mux8

Reaction score
Are the boots goodyear welted, full grain? Unfortunately the website is very scare on details regarding Cavour's house line of shoes.

mux8

Reaction score
Can anyone provide insight regarding their shoe sizing relative to Meermin?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can only offer my anecdotal experience - I wear UK9.5 in Meermin and I ordered the same in the Cavour Suede Captoe Oxford. It was at least a half size too large for my foot.

well Meermin isn’t true to size :s

earlier in this thread it was advised sizing to be similar to Carmina and others

archipel

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the sizing of the suits? Is it slim fit? Suitsupply Havana (Their slim fit suit) in 48 fits me well, would that mean that Cavour suits fits well too? They use different measurements so I can't compare. I don't have my own suit atm to measure.

I'm 185cm, would that make the jacket with a back length of 73cm too short?

bsarosi

Reaction score
I can only offer my anecdotal experience - I wear UK9.5 in Meermin and I ordered the same in the Cavour Suede Captoe Oxford. It was at least a half size too large for my foot.

I ordered my usual size UK 8.5 (same as Carmina, CJ, SoH) and found them too loose in the instep so I would confirm that they run about a half size large. I’ve listed my pair in the B&S forum.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reached out via email about sizing on the shoes. Haven't heard back, but I'm not upset. My wallet is safe :)

gbandi

Reaction score
Got the conistons and Cavour field boots. Both better than the CS I have.

The Conistons were expected to be great, will keep them, got under $250!!

the Cavour field boots were better than expected. The leather is thick but soft,. Fit TTS. Nice shape to the boots. Can be easily dressed up and down. unfortunately very similar to my CS and will be returning.

The Cavour tassel was amazing as well. Fit tts. Nice polo color, fit tts

Cavour seems to be similar to carmina/CJ in sizing, meermins are always a tad tighter if you go tts.

I believe Cavour, SOH and lof and tung are all made in the same factory. They are very similarly priced and hard to beat any on sale..

Attachments

• CB3B0911-C371-4414-9EA6-4D16E0B95F1B.jpeg
    CB3B0911-C371-4414-9EA6-4D16E0B95F1B.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 1EC4447E-30AD-4424-A9F7-5C5A9D277841.jpeg
    1EC4447E-30AD-4424-A9F7-5C5A9D277841.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 164

mux8

Reaction score
Received 5-pocket trousers today, lovely fabric...but simply too tight around the thigh when sitting and a bit too tight around the seat. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much if any seam allowance to let them out.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Having a bit of an odd experience with a pair of the Diemme Roccia Vet Original (Brown Leather) boots I picked up from the sale. It seems like I received two different size boots. I'm a UK9.5 and went with the 44 based on sizing advice I'd seen elsewhere. The left boot fits fine, but the right boot fits too snug, and feels like the arch in the sole is closer to the heel. Strange because my right foot is actually slightly smaller than the left, so it's backwards of what I'd expect. Shame cause they're gorgeous boots. Any chance there's a mismatched 44 Right boot out there??

I sent an email to support as well. @kevinsvindland

Colrais

Reaction score
Received 5-pocket trousers today, lovely fabric...but simply too tight around the thigh when sitting and a bit too tight around the seat. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much if any seam allowance to let them out.
My experience as well. Was hoping measurements would pan out but they're unfortunately too tight around the seat, thighs, knees, calves for a consistent lifter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads