• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Shaunm88

Reaction score
I found the return process pretty straight forward from Australia, including the refund.

As a fellow small business owner, please have a little patience with them. Their support is fantastic. I know it might be easy to say just respond in a day but I remember when I was quite small and it wasn’t possible even working 18 hour days.

dynemacron

Reaction score
Step one, send email and tell us you wish to return something. Be sure to mention your order number to make it easiest possible to find your order. Also fill out the return form included in the box. Make sure all tags etc are intact,

Step two, recieve return label and instruction from DHL. (Takes a little longer than usual during sales) Then read instructions. Make sure you have all the papers in the right place, ask DHL curier if not sure.

Hi there, I have still not heard anything from two emails to [email protected] (one sent last Thursday, and one on Monday). Should I just expect to wait a little while longer or?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure,

Step one, send email and tell us you wish to return something. Be sure to mention your order number to make it easiest possible to find your order. Also fill out the return form included in the box. Make sure all tags etc are intact,

Step two, recieve return label and instruction from DHL. (Takes a little longer than usual during sales) Then read instructions. Make sure you have all the papers in the right place, ask DHL curier if not sure.

Step three, returns are processed upon arrival, and refunded accordingly. Refunds normally take a couple of working days to be completed. This depends on which payment method you use. Paypal is the fastest one.

And for any urgent matters,give us a call.
+47 40109080

Does that help?
Thanks Kevin - this is helpful!

The ambiguity (for me, at least) lies in the DHL step but I will call them today and get some clarity on how to properly complete and attach the forms/labels.

45bur

Reaction score
They are previewing denim on their insta story. @kevinsvindland can you provide any details regarding the release of these?

bootyboy

Reaction score
I found the return process to be fine. I emailed and then dropped Kevin a PM here (knowing they’ll be swamped given ongoing sale). Got my return labels next day and sent through DHL. My refund arrived a few days after the package was delivered back to them.
I’m based in NY and went to DHL store with printed labels and DHL took care of the rest. You can also schedule a pick up if that’s more convenient for you.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the return process to be fine. I emailed and then dropped Kevin a PM here (knowing they’ll be swamped given ongoing sale). Got my return labels next day and sent through DHL. My refund arrived a few days after the package was delivered back to them.
I’m based in NY and went to DHL store with printed labels and DHL took care of the rest. You can also schedule a pick up if that’s more convenient for you.
thanks - do you know if you need multiple copies of the paperwork? I don't have a printer so will need to make arrangements if 1 copy won't suffice.

Lindrian

Reaction score
I havent received a reply yet, but as long as it does not affect my return date (two weeks soon), I am willing to wait.

Shaunm88

Reaction score
thanks - do you know if you need multiple copies of the paperwork? I don't have a printer so will need to make arrangements if 1 copy won't suffice.
I have found print two of everything. Ensure the box isn’t sealed. Every DHL driver is different. Usually one is the label that is needed to only affix on the outside. Just ensure you leave a customs label inside the box regardless what the DHL driver says.

arakeinprogress

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently acquired both the winter high-twist and the beige check sport coat.

Here are pictures of the front of each worn unaltered:
_DSC9767.jpg
_DSC9755.jpg

And the backs:

_DSC9769.jpg
_DSC9757.jpg

The sport coat fit me a bit roomier in the back and chest than the suit. Whether you like that or not is personal preference.

I also thought the pattern matching on the patch pockets of the sport coat was quite good.
_DSC9773.jpg

The jackets are a bit short, but @kevinsvindland has already said they're lengthening the pattern, which I look forward to.

_DSC9781.jpg

I wrote out my thoughts in greater depth, including commentary on the slimness of their trousers in this blog post. It includes a good number of other analytic fit pictures too so you can judge the pieces for yourself.

WilYa

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently acquired both the winter high-twist and the beige check sport coat.

Here are pictures of the front of each worn unaltered: View attachment 1340430 View attachment 1340431

And the backs:

View attachment 1340432 View attachment 1340434

The sport coat fit me a bit roomier in the back and chest than the suit. Whether you like that or not is personal preference.

I also thought the pattern matching on the patch pockets of the sport coat was quite good.
View attachment 1340438

The jackets are a bit short, but @kevinsvindland has already said they're lengthening the pattern, which I look forward to.

View attachment 1340439

I wrote out my thoughts in greater depth, including commentary on the slimness of their trousers in this blog post. It includes a good number of other analytic fit pictures too so you can judge the pieces for yourself.
Excellent photography and writing!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To chime in on the DHL stuff,

Shipping label and two copies of the proforma invoice goes on the package.

Shippinh label and one copy of proforma invoice to be handed to the curier.

Atleast those are the instructions from DHL Norway. I dont think it should be any different in the rest of the world. But dont know for sure.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland, do you guys plan to carry the Crockett & Jones Brown Shell Cordovan Harvard II Loafers?

No, no immediate plans for it.
This spring we will carry mostly Cavendish in varius colors, and Sydney Penny loafer.

EDIT:

Do people like cordovan from C&J, and are people willing to pay for it?

Asking out of pure curiosity, as most the guys that come in our store asking for it seems to just wants to know if we have it, but dont really plan to buy a pair.

My impression is that if you are into cordovan, you buy Alden. Am I wrong?

Last edited:

bootyboy

Reaction score
No, no immediate plans for it.
This spring we will carry mostly Cavendish in varius colors, and Sydney Penny loafer.

EDIT:

Do people like cordovan from C&J, and are people willing to pay for it?

Asking out of pure curiosity, as most the guys that come in our store asking for it seems to just wants to know if we have it, but dont really plan to buy a pair.

My impression is that if you are into cordovan, you buy Alden. Am I wrong?

Alden doesn't have dark brown shell cordovan readily available (they have the 'Cigar' shade for which you need to get on waitlists with retailers which can run into years). CJ on the other hand has a number of Dark Brown and Whiskey models readily available and reasonably priced. Color 8 shell on the other hand can easily be obtained for both Alden and CJ.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads