• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would I take the same SZ in Cavour sport coat as I do in their suits?

If anyone has experience and could advise it’d be much appreciated - thanks!!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And can you address whether suits and sportcoats are full or half canvas?

Hi,

Jackets are all half canvassed, and all the suits are all fully canvassed.

The canvassing in both the jackets and the suits is quite light.
With only a thin layer going all the way down to the bottom of the suit jacket.

EDIT:

As with fabrics, there are a vast amount of different kinds of canvassing available. From hard and heavy, to soft and light. And it is purchased in the same way that we buy different buttons, linings and other components of the suit.
The canvas used in Cavour suits is of a lighter variety.

Other brands may use canvas that is heavier and thus gives a different handle.

For any questions on this, feel free to shot, and I will try and answer as best I can.

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
80898529-CA84-48E4-8C48-030083905BE0.png

We (read the man in the picture) are also working on a new trouser pattern, with more space all over and a slightly higher rise.

Lindrian

Reaction score
I made a purchase a week or so ago, and received everything. I was trying to figure out how to return something, but haven't heard back from Cavour yet.

I was just now going to wear my brand new Cavour shirt for the first time, and found out one of the buttons on the sleeves was torn clean off. I tried to look in the box it came in, but there was no button in there, so it must have happened before that.

Very disappointed. I sent another email to the team, but not expecting a reply any time soon.

IMG_2228.jpg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I made a purchase a week or so ago, and received everything. I was trying to figure out how to return something, but haven't heard back from Cavour yet.

I was just now going to wear my brand new Cavour shirt for the first time, and found out one of the buttons on the sleeves was torn clean off. I tried to look in the box it came in, but there was no button in there, so it must have happened before that.

Very disappointed. I sent another email to the team, but not expecting a reply any time soon.

View attachment 1339427

Hi,

Thats not good!
I have set aside a couple of hours tomorrow to catch up on emails, returns etc.

The sale is keeping us well above our capacity, so I know that there are a couple of people still waiting for a reply on their emails.

One of our growing pains I’m afraid.
But we will have it sorted out shortly.

Lindrian

Reaction score
Hi,

Thats not good!
I have set aside a couple of hours tomorrow to catch up on emails, returns etc.

The sale is keeping us well above our capacity, so I know that there are a couple of people still waiting for a reply on their emails.

One of our growing pains I’m afraid.
But we will have it sorted out shortly.
Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland May I suggest one thing: a post either here or on your website with detailed info and step-by-step return instructions would be most beneficial to your non-EU customers.

Alternatively, any members experienced in Cavour returns process who wouldn’t mind posting this would also be most helpful.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland May I suggest one thing: a post either here or on your website with detailed info and step-by-step return instructions would be most beneficial to your non-EU customers.

Alternatively, any members experienced in Cavour returns process who wouldn’t mind posting this would also be most helpful.

Sure,

Step one, send email and tell us you wish to return something. Be sure to mention your order number to make it easiest possible to find your order. Also fill out the return form included in the box. Make sure all tags etc are intact,

Step two, recieve return label and instruction from DHL. (Takes a little longer than usual during sales) Then read instructions. Make sure you have all the papers in the right place, ask DHL curier if not sure.

Step three, returns are processed upon arrival, and refunded accordingly. Refunds normally take a couple of working days to be completed. This depends on which payment method you use. Paypal is the fastest one.

And for any urgent matters,give us a call.
+47 40109080

Does that help?

djdanniedee

Reaction score
love that you guys will send a return label for shipping (whether we pay for it or you guys). I've found that takes a lot of the stress in figuring out which courier and delivery service to use when i do have to send stuff back, which usually means i end up either not sending stuff back or don't even bother purchasing if i'm not 90% sure of sizing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads