• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good email address to get through to customer service? None of the inboxes I’ve tried seem to work.
Same I contacted them for return label and haven't heard back in 4 days...I only have 14 days to return the item.

I am currently in Italy, But my team is working in processing return requests.

We are still a very small team, so in high pressure periods things may take some time. But rest assured that as long as the request is sent within 14 days, returns are not an issue.

My apologies for any inconvenience.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland just wanted to pop in the thread to say how much I liked the Winter HighTwist suit. Actually bought it before the 50% sale but absolutely worth the higher price. Loved how robust the fabric and construction feel. is the canvas thicker on the hightwist models? Hope you stock a few suits with a similar feeling in the future?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland just wanted to pop in the thread to say how much I liked the Winter HighTwist suit. Actually bought it before the 50% sale but absolutely worth the higher price. Loved how robust the fabric and construction feel. is the canvas thicker on the hightwist models? Hope you stock a few suits with a similar feeling in the future?

What did you do on sizing?

dynemacron

Reaction score

Is your garment fully canvassed? I just got a suit today that I ordered during the sale, and its half canvas. The canvas clearly stops halfway down the suit button wise, and there is no free floating canvas past that point, nor any sort of third layer, as you can feel on a fully canvassed suit. Unfortunately I also need to write back Cavour to ask that the suit be returned since the pants are unwearable for me (the thigh measurement is on the narrow side, but the calf measurement is skin tight; letting out the pants would not correct this).

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your garment fully canvassed? I just got a suit today that I ordered during the sale, and its half canvas. The canvas clearly stops halfway down the suit button wise, and there is no free floating canvas past that point, nor any sort of third layer, as you can feel on a fully canvassed suit. Unfortunately I also need to write back Cavour to ask that the suit be returned since the pants are unwearable for me (the thigh measurement is on the narrow side, but the calf measurement is skin tight; letting out the pants would not correct this).
Not sure about the canvas, but honestly I'm happy with the drape and structure so I'm not going to obsess. I had the same problem you did with the trousers last year, but Cavour loosened the fit of their trousers for the F/W2019 suits. For me, it made a big difference and I can wear the trousers now, whereas last year it was unwearable

dynemacron

Reaction score
Not sure about the canvas, but honestly I'm happy with the drape and structure so I'm not going to obsess. I had the same problem you did with the trousers last year, but Cavour loosened the fit of their trousers for the F/W2019 suits. For me, it made a big difference and I can wear the trousers now, whereas last year it was unwearable

Yeah, I read about that. That is one of the reasons I didn't order a suit (let alone anything from them) before was because I had read about the pants. I had hoped this wouldnt be an issue since I read the thigh measurement, but there is more tapering than I can wear.

The suit in question that I ordered is the Glencheck one, which is a lighter, more tropical wool, so it doesn't drape as well without canvassing; the lapel roll is okay though because the half canvassing keeps it from appearing lifeless.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I read about that. That is one of the reasons I didn't order a suit (let alone anything from them) before was because I had read about the pants. I had hoped this wouldnt be an issue since I read the thigh measurement, but there is more tapering than I can wear.

The suit in question that I ordered is the Glencheck one, which is a lighter, more tropical wool, so it doesn't drape as well without canvassing; the lapel roll is okay though because the half canvassing keeps it from appearing lifeless.
Ah that makes sense. To be fair to Cavour, the product description did mention the jacket was the same construction as their sportscoat which are supposed to be less structured. Some of their sportscoat say they're halfcanvas so maybe it was a typo in the glencheck description or it's just very light canvas.

dynemacron

Reaction score
Ah that makes sense. To be fair to Cavour, the product description did mention the jacket was the same construction as their sportscoat which are supposed to be less structured. Some of their sportscoat say they're halfcanvas so maybe it was a typo in the glencheck description or it's just very light canvas.

I do acknowledge that; however, in the copy it states right there that it is fully canvassed. Therefore, I want them to be aware that either the manufacturer changed the specs on them because the model changed or the copy is incorrect. Its not really anger or frustration, just a mild annoyance.
Annotation 2020-02-13 181539.png

hrv123

Reaction score
And can you address whether suits and sportcoats are full or half canvas?

bsarosi

Reaction score
If anyone would like to purchase a gently worn (2x) pair of the Dark Brown Utah STD in size 8.5, I’m selling my pair. Unfortunately they’re still too roomy along the instep after inserting a tongue pad and an insole. PM if interested - hopefully my loss is someone else’s gain!

gbandi

Reaction score
If anyone would like to purchase a gently worn (2x) pair of the Dark Brown Utah STD in size 8.5, I’m selling my pair. Unfortunately they’re still too roomy along the instep after inserting a tongue pad and an insole. PM if interested - hopefully my loss is someone else’s gain!
Bad timing. They have a 50% sale going on. Even had some CJ conistons, pembroke and hardwicks for sale

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads