• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

TC11201

Reaction score
Can’t comment on suits / scs, but did just buy a pair of Cavour trousers. Very pleased with the purchase - very high quality for the price - but they do run trim. I’m a tagged w33 in most US makes, 50 in rota (medium-waist, model 1-5-6 from the rota website, need waist taken in about 3/4 inch), purchased the Cavour in 50, single pleat, cotton drill. They’re a little bit more trim all around than the rota pants. The upper block / butt and leg are both trim, but not constricting at all - for me, the cut is really very good (medium-high waist, trim, not much flappy excess fabric, etc.). My alterations tailor commented very favorably on them and he sees lots of high quality stuff. I’d add that the single pleat is quite small, so keeps the overall aesthetic slim. Hope this helps.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Few photos of the Cavour STD in Utah. I found them to fit a little larger compared to some other STDs I own (AM, SoH, CS)...instep is higher and toebox seems a little more spacious. Lacing was fully closed and the shoe still felt a bit loose. I’m planning to insert an insole to see if I can fill in the instep a bit.

Apologies for the photos being off 90 degrees.

777FF589-FAEE-44DC-AEEE-D9A273F2E97D.jpeg

56E99DF3-B45B-4AF1-9435-068B8EE07056.jpeg

DECA4F63-0E6A-4876-A1C0-95AC82B165AC.jpeg

80BFBBE6-16F9-424C-8BD7-D50A8036FACA.jpeg

afterthesuit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the Cavour line of suits/jackets regarding fit? I'm generally a 42 in SuitSupply and Spier Mackay in the middle-slim lines. Also interested in trousers I suppose, normally a 36 in slims, but need a bit of space in da butt.
Jacket wise, sizing is relatively close. You'll find the slight extension on the shoulder of the Cavour jacket (which I love), and the overall length is about an inch shorter.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket wise, sizing is relatively close. You'll find the slight extension on the shoulder of the Cavour jacket (which I love), and the overall length is about an inch shorter.

I did notice in the photos that their style is a bit shorter. Bummer about the trousers - probably means no-go for me.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have asked Kevin to start making long sizes, but so far they dont want the extra inventory.

niltimd

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Been waiting for my exchange for order 857 since December 23rd when the item was returned. Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can those with experience speak to the Cavour house-brand sizing? Specifically, I'm looking at trying their dress shirts.

I'm a 15/33 in Brooks Brothers ESF - would I take a 15 in their house brand?

How accurate are the measurements on the website?

Last edited:

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sale now up to 50% for some items. Absolute steals here

Mallaig

Reaction score
Few photos of the Cavour STD in Utah. I found them to fit a little larger compared to some other STDs I own (AM, SoH, CS)...instep is higher and toebox seems a little more spacious. Lacing was fully closed and the shoe still felt a bit loose. I’m planning to insert an insole to see if I can fill in the instep a bit.

Apologies for the photos being off 90 degrees.

View attachment 1320314

View attachment 1320315

View attachment 1320316

View attachment 1320317
These STD look fantastic. Any idea who makes them for Cavour?

knoodie

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a Ring Jacket flannel suit for €1k. Hope it fits me.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a Ring Jacket flannel suit for €1k. Hope it fits me.

It is that I don’t need and can’t store any more suits but aside ring jacket and canals, house brand full canvas suits at less than 400$ is pretty insane...

hst

Reaction score
Hi, is there a size chart for the 100 Hands shirts and also Cavour drill cotton trousers. Specifically, I am looking at size 40 for shirts and 48/50 for trousers. Thank you.

Thilgela

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland is the Ambrosi trousers measurement accurate? Size 48 has only 80 cm waist and 17cm leg opening? That’s like skin tight compare to S&M contemporary 32.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are there free returns? I'm tempted to get a few things but will need to buy multiple sizes to ensure I get the right fit - would need to return items which didn't work out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads