• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

mux8

Reaction score
anyone else surprised how flexible the soles are for a good year welt on their house line of shoes.

Kochegar

Reaction score
Too early for Cavour loafers
JIgDoDS.jpg

8rXgnOD.jpg

mux8

Reaction score
Are the new spring/summer suits with the updated fit?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are the new spring/summer suits with the updated fit?

Not the first delivery, it is the same fit as last season. But this time the High Twist quality is available as separate jacket and trouser.

Production samples of the new fit will be sent to is on Friday. And if we are happy with them, drop two this season will come in the new fit.

chatelet

Reaction score
Not the first delivery, it is the same fit as last season. But this time the High Twist quality is available as separate jacket and trouser.

Production samples of the new fit will be sent to is on Friday. And if we are happy with them, drop two this season will come in the new fit.
Grateful if someone can explain the differences in the new fit.

chatelet

Reaction score
In short;
Longer jacket with slightly narrower lapel and not as extended shoulder, wider pants with slightly higher rise.

We will make a more detailed overview of the different models once the new one is ready.
Lovely. Generally very good improvements!

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my order today of 5 pairs of Cavour boots and 2 pairs of shoes. As suggested earlier by someone else, these clearly are from the same factory as Skoaktiebolaget has their Löf & Tung line made.

Cavour's lasts are way more generous than L&T lasts, both in width and length. Below is a picture of a L&T field boot (left) and a Cavour field boot. Both are size 8.

Where the L&T boots are a tight fit for me the Cavour boots have ample room.

20200304_111222.jpg

While the boots I received are a bit on the roomy side, their shoes are much bigger than expected. I think I should size down at least half a size in them to make them fit okay.

@kevinsvindland : what lasts do you use? Your own or standard lasts from the factory?

Overall I am very impressed by the quality of these boots and shoes. I think if Cavour would add more details about their shoes on their website (like Skoaktiebolaget does for instance) they would sell much better.

20200304_103111.jpg

20200304_111159.jpg
20200304_111139.jpg
20200304_111116.jpg

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought these yesterday, sadly the page doesn’t show a lot of details, other than brown suede haha but does anyone have experience with them? Went with 9UK, although sizing said it’s 27.1cm, hope they fit. :lol:

xlarge.jpg

Just received them and they are more on the large side than on the small side. They are very supple and have a genuine crepe sole. These are also made in Spain I noticed, so a lot of value for their current sale price.

Last edited:

mux8

Reaction score
In short;
Longer jacket with slightly narrower lapel and not as extended shoulder, wider pants with slightly higher rise.

We will make a more detailed overview of the different models once the new one is ready.

I do hope the longer length are for new long sizes. Currently I do find the length perfect for us shorter gents.
I really like the current lapel width,so I hope these aren't reduced by much.

Last edited:

Kochegar

Reaction score
For me it works quite opposite : LT boots in S last are wider than both Field boots and Utah calf boots in the same size.

gbandi

Reaction score
There were TTS for me compared to
LT which had a wider fit

mux8

Reaction score
Also can we expect new shoes to be restocked soon?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland It would be nice to have details about the fabrics on the new merchandise.....some pics look like linen but hard to say without the details.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads