• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

Shaunm88

Reaction score
I think their cordorvan boots are more popular and on derby model. I wouldnt be going into cordorvan loafers.

In the GMTO their galway in whisky Cordovan has 6 buyers already lined up but not enough for 12. The Lindricks in dark brown are always popular.

I would buy a pair of boots in Cordovan

Fantastic Mr Foxx

Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

I ordered 3 items (2 Saphir Renovateur, and 1 cashmere roll neck) from your webstore, but only received 2 items (1 Renovateur and 1 cashmere roll neck). When I checked my credit card, I have been debited for the 3 items. I have sent you an email concerning this mistake. Could you please look into this?

thank you.

Solli

Reaction score
Just picked up a pair of the new Cavour jeans from the shop in Rådhuspassasjen. Really impressed!

mux8

Reaction score
What's special about the jeans? BTW can we get a size chart up for trousers?

Solli

Reaction score
Apologies for my very unsubstantial review above, I was happy to find jeans with a quality and fit that I had been looking for (possibly in the wrong spaces).

Initial thoughts from a complete amateur:

Being quite tall (6,4) and reasonably slim it has been difficult to find jeans that looks good (i.e. that the mrs. approves of). My go to jeans have been replays anbass in hyperflex (33X36). Anbass have a fairly low rise, something that doesn't necessarily feel great when you have passed the 50 mark. Wearing it with a shirt and a sports jacket isn't ideal either.

The Cavour jeans (34") however has a medium rise - will not go full granddaddy / hipster yet - and has a great fit. The fabric feels a bit more "substantial", but here I am just guessing.

So, for the time being I am happy 😃

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ great choice! The color takes on a cobalt hue in the website pics.........looks nicer to me in real life pics.

I'd lengthen the sleeves 1/2 ".........steam it out and wear in good health!

Last edited:

mux8

Reaction score
Ok thank you for the review. Are the denim selvedge or raw?
First Cavour jacket....overall, I can't really ask for more from RTW. What do y'all think?

View attachment 1343532
Looks good! Do you mind posting your measurements/size so others can get a better understanding of their fit in relation to other brands?

pickergc

Reaction score
Looks good! Do you mind posting your measurements/size so others can get a better understanding of their fit in relation to other brands?
Sure. The jacket is EU56/ UK/US46. I take the same size in S&M. I find the sizing to be similar. I think most of the fit differences are based on the pattern, not necessarily sizing.

I did also order a pair of suede oxfords in a 9.5UK that were just too big. I wear 9.5UK in Meermin, Berwick, and Morjas.

Edit: @kevinsvindland if you have any EU56 in this, LMK.

Kicking myself now I didn't scoop up more!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.