• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Zach Britton

Reaction score
Yes, the code is active now.

And it goes for suits and jackets only.

Hi Kevin,

Looks like you have some fantastic stuff. Directed to you by the charity post, and it's a shame I was just introduced to your store as I recently returned from Scandinavia. There seems to be some quite animated a discussion about the fit of the Cavour suits, and I have an especially difficult body to fit, not a weighlifter but a 40-40.5" chest 16" arms and a 30.5" waist. In fact, most of my suits are MTM except for a fantastic soft shoulder Caruso in a 38 I purchased in Turkey and certain Orazio Jackets, one in 38 and one in 40. How would you describe the drape of your '19 suits compared to soft shouldered Caruso suits and/or Suitsupply Jort/La Spalla suits. I see here you have a tailoring code listed to try one of your new suits to receive feedback on fit, etc, and would love to try one. Is this code still active? **EDIT - I see the following posts state the code was valid that weekend only. Hopefully I'll grab one in the charity auction.

Much thanks

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Looks like you have some fantastic stuff. Directed to you by the charity post, and it's a shame I was just introduced to your store as I recently returned from Scandinavia. There seems to be some quite animated a discussion about the fit of the Cavour suits, and I have an especially difficult body to fit, not a weighlifter but a 40-40.5" chest 16" arms and a 30.5" waist. In fact, most of my suits are MTM except for a fantastic soft shoulder Caruso in a 38 I purchased in Turkey and certain Orazio Jackets, one in 38 and one in 40. How would you describe the drape of your '19 suits compared to soft shouldered Caruso suits and/or Suitsupply Jort/La Spalla suits. I see here you have a tailoring code listed to try one of your new suits to receive feedback on fit, etc, and would love to try one. Is this code still active? **EDIT - I see the following posts state the code was valid that weekend only. Hopefully I'll grab one in the charity auction.

Much thanks

Hi Zach,

I would recommend wearing the same size as you would in Caruso and Orazio Luciano.
It depends of course on which models you are comparing to, and how you like your jacket to fit.
The Caruso jackets i have owned have had a rather firm fit across the chest, with rather little drape.
I would say our jacket drapes a bit more.
Ours is a drop 7 with a slightly extended shoulder and a generous upper arm/sleeve.

I've never owned an SS Jort, so I am unable to compare the two.

Youssef

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland, I’m interested in the 101668 CS Field Boots and sent an email to [email protected] to which I got an answer from Richard, but I didn’t get any feedback to my subsequent questions about size...

I believe you guys must be very busy during this season, but I would really appreciate to get feedback to place my order ASAP.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland, I’m interested in the 101668 CS Field Boots and sent an email to [email protected] to which I got an answer from Richard, but I didn’t get any feedback to my subsequent questions about size...

I believe you guys must be very busy during this season, but I would really appreciate to get feedback to place my order ASAP.

Hi Youssef,

You are quite right, christmas time is indeed busy.
I added some info to your correspondence with Richard. Hope that helps a little.

BR,
Kevin

ovlov

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland . Do you have any options for mtm via online purchase? Your suits look great and i was pretty tempted by the charity auction post, but then realized its unlikely a standard size is going to be good for me.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland . Do you have any options for mtm via online purchase? Your suits look great and i was pretty tempted by the charity auction post, but then realized its unlikely a standard size is going to be good for me.

Hi,

We do not.
Online MTM feels a bit like firing from the hip.

But if you had your measurements initially taken in store, we could ofcourse take an order via mail.

bulat

Reaction score
hello,

do cavour currently has any active promo-codes for the shoes?
or a welcome promo-code for the first purchase?

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hello,

do cavour currently has any active promo-codes for the shoes?
or a welcome promo-code for the first purchase?

I received "NewCustomerCavour for a 15% discount on your purchase" in my mailbox after registering. But it didn't work on my order strange enough.

bulat

Reaction score
I received "NewCustomerCavour for a 15% discount on your purchase" in my mailbox after registering. But it didn't work on my order strange enough.
Looks like this code is working for me.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You didn't use the boxing18 25% off code instead?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads