• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin, I'm absolutely delighted with it!

And embarrassed to say that I've only just discovered this thread on here ?‍♂
Glad to have your contribution to the conversation mate!

Been a bit of photos on here lately.
As I am sure many would agree, we hope to see even more.

Mirage-

Reaction score
Treated myself to a new jacket from the current sale, the Mod 2 fit has always been a winner for me ?

View attachment 1741326
View attachment 1741325
View attachment 1741327
View attachment 1741328
Got that jacket too, in the end. Still haven't been able to wear it - I got injured doing bjj and have to wear a knee brace, which doesn't really allow for tailored trousers, and by extension, jackets, sadly. Also have 2 mod 2 trousers waiting to be tailored for the same reason.
Close second on my list was the camelhair one, which also looks great and possibly more versatile, but I was specifically looking for a more casual, possibly patterned jacket. And also the corduroy, but didn't want to go for the elastane mix.

Mirage-

Reaction score
So, actually, this is me playing the very weird game of "trying to make a jacket work with trousers loose enough for a knee brace". This is the best I could do.
Jacket (altered 48) is from last year's collection, in dark green herringbone, imo quite nice as alternative to the omnipresent navy. Certainly not a winter weight, but that's probably better or I'd overheat with the sweater.
Polo sweater is also from Cavour, the one I wish I had taken in S instead of M. Trousers are from Uniqlo, elastic waistband, very roomy in the thigh and knee (though it's not super clear from the front), sadly the thinnest corduroy I've ever seen (which means they don't drape at all).

cavourJandS.png

Last edited:

DonNick94

Reaction score
So, actually, this is me playing the very weird game of "trying to make a jacket work with trousers loose enough for a knee brace". This is the best I could do.
Jacket (altered 48) is from last year's collection, in dark green herringbone, imo quite nice as alternative to the omnipresent navy. Certainly not a winter weight, but that's probably better or I'd overheat with the sweater.
Polo sweater is also from Cavour, the one I wish I had taken in S instead of M. Trousers are from Uniqlo, elastic waistband, very roomy in the thigh and knee (though it's not super clear from the front), sadly the thinnest corduroy I've ever seen (which means they don't drape at all).

View attachment 1742146
Nice blazer. But i would go with a more slim fit trouser

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellas!

I ordered my first Finamore shirt and it’s a beauty! What’s the expected shrinkage with cold water wash and hanging to dry?

Any info is appreciated ??

Imperatores

Reaction score

View attachment 1742146
I really like that green color and strongly considered getting that jacket, but I held off because I wasn't sure if the fabric is a little too shiny and smooth for a green sportcoat. Seems a bit suit-y to me, making it hard to wear more casually. How do you like it so far?

Mirage-

Reaction score
I really like that green color and strongly considered getting that jacket, but I held off because I wasn't sure if the fabric is a little too shiny and smooth for a green sportcoat. Seems a bit suit-y to me, making it hard to wear more casually. How do you like it so far?
It doesn't really look like half of a suit by virtue of patch pockets and being unpadded, imho, but yes, it is a bit too shiny for wearing as casually as I did there. I find it best as a (fairly formal) navy blazer replacement, with tailored grey (or maybe very dark brown) trousers.
I bought it for job interview, to which I actually wore it over a snow-white brushed cotton turtleneck (thinking it would be much colder than it actually was).
However, I do like how the deep green pairs with the burnt orange of the sweater, which is the reason I went for it (besides the fact it is the lightest sc I have).

Last edited:

Imperatores

Reaction score
It doesn't really look like half of a suit by virtue of patch pockets and being unpadded, imho, but yes, it is a bit too shiny for wearing as casually as I did there. I find it best as a (fairly formal) navy blazer replacement, with tailored grey (or maybe very dark brown) trousers.
I bought it for job interview, to which I actually wore it over a snow-white brushed cotton turtleneck (thinking it would be much colder than it actually was).
However, I do like how the deep green pairs with the burnt orange of the sweater, which is the reason I went for it (besides the fact it is the lightest sc I have).
Yeah, I'm not saying it looks like a suit jacket, as it's clearly a sportcoat. Just that the fabric doesn't seem like the best choice if you want a versatile green jacket that can be dressed up or down. The green Loro Piana Favola jacket from the current season looks much better in that regard. I'm personally hoping for a green wool-silk-linen, hopsack or even fresco jacket in their upcoming SS collection, in a similar shade to the Loro Piana.

I would expect it to work well with light brown/beige trousers as well, btw. Cream too, although I don't really wear cream trousers much myself.

Howfener

Reaction score
Any chance of sale prices deepening? I’m on the fence about a few pairs of trousers that are currently 50% off.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance of sale prices deepening? I’m on the fence about a few pairs of trousers that are currently 50% off.
Maybe, but the chance that the trousers run out in your size is probably bigger. If you want something, get it! Now when the sale is 50% I can hardly see any reason not to grab what you really like.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaelll