• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland
Can you please confirm the size chart of Cavour shirts is accurate?
On the description it reads "A: Sleeve length (cm) Measure from the middle of the neck at the collar seam, to the bottom edge of the arm (follow the top of the arm)". A size 40 shirt has the sleeve length of 66 cm, which seems significantly shorter than average with this measurement guide? My shirt in the equivalent size has sleeves of 85 cm. Thanks!
Hi,

Seems to be the wrong description and the wrong illustration indeed.

The chart itself is correct, but the sleeve is measured from the shoulder seam including the cuff.
Not from the middle of the neck (which honestly makes little sense...)

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my new navy denim shirt yesterday and I am already considering getting a few more button down shirts before they all disappear in my size. Fantastic fit and very nice fabric on these!

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Wore my new navy denim shirt yesterday and I am already considering getting a few more button down shirts before they all disappear in my size. Fantastic fit and very nice fabric on these!
Can you elaborate on the fit ? Are the shirts comparable size wise to other brands ?

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on the fit ? Are the shirts comparable size wise to other brands ?
Same size I take in Barba Napoli and Suitsupply. SuitSupply's shirt is very slim in the underarm but the Barba and Cavour shirts fit roughly the same. I have quite big lats and the are a bit restricting there but not enough to making me want to size up. I'd say go with your normal size and you'll be fine.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone care to share their experience with the heavy cotton trousers? Are they warm, do they hold a crease OK and are they machine washable? Also, I have now clue what colour to choose. To me, taupe, gold and khaki are rather similar. My winter jackets are brown and blues, so ideally a colour that works best with that.

theh00d

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the mod 2 trouser fit compare to S&M high rise slim and Natalino?

Mirage-

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the mod 2 trouser fit compare to S&M high rise slim and Natalino?
Mod 2 trouser is much slimmer than natalino. Natalino's 48 was way too big in the waist for me, and also very roomy in the leg. I am sending it back for the 46 (although, I measured the 48 I got to be significantly larger in the waist than advertised, so there may be variance at play...).
Instead, cavour's mod 2 is almost perfect in the waist (side tabs are enough), and kind-of fits my leg, but needs letting out as it's too strongly tapered for my taste, below the knee. And ofc natalino is high rise (the 48 is about my navel), while mod 2 is medium rise.
For reference, I am indeed usually between 46 and 48 and wear 31 jeans/chinos in most brands that carry odd sizes.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are unwearable without alterations if you lift weights regularly. With alterations (which you should do with all tailored clothing) they are pretty damn nice.

theh00d

Reaction score
Thank you!
I am usually a size 29-30. 30 slim in S&M High Rise (though they are bit too slim for my taste) and 44/28 in Natalino.
Guess I will try 46 in Mod 2 and see how it goes.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hey @All what do you think about the fit of the sport jacket ? Excuse me that the beige pants are unironed. I just unpacked them from a suitcase…

btw I love the cavour jacket bag

Attachments

te0o

Reaction score
Hey @All what do you think about the fit of the sport jacket ? Excuse me that the beige pants are unironed. I just unpacked them from a suitcase…

btw I love the cavour jacket bag
It looks pretty much spot on to me. The back is clean, the sleeve length is good, it sits well across your chest and shoulders.

I have the very same jacket, it's quite versatile, enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaelll