• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay Kevin or anyone else who owns the Cavour branded cashmere. What are your top 3 items? How do the 4-ply shawl cardigans compare to Drakes/W&L/Scott and Charters both in weight and softness? Thanks!

The 4-ply Roll neck

Worsted Baby Cashmere Polo

Worsted Baby Cashmere Round Neck

As for the shawl cardigans, they are softer. And somehow they feel light, yet substantial. Good hand.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience ordering from the UK? I was looking at the banner at the top of the website saying "All prices include VAT & Duty - No additional costs upon delivery" but I'm not fully certain I won't get hit with handling charges and duties from DHL.

(I tried the live chat support function on the website but to no avail.)

Camerashy

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience ordering from the UK? I was looking at the banner at the top of the website saying "All prices include VAT & Duty - No additional costs upon delivery" but I'm not fully certain I won't get hit with handling charges and duties from DHL.

(I tried the live chat support function on the website but to no avail.)

Im based in the UK (Cheshire) and have purchased from Cavour, the above statement is correct never been charged VAT or Customs/ Handling Charges by DHL......Enjoy your purchase and fast delivery too

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland what's the current processing time for refunds? Waiting 3 weeks+ for one. No replies to emails.

Should be within a few days after arrival.

However, we discovered today that we have some 500 Unanswered emails, due to some email agent malfunction beyond my comprehention. So that would be why you have not seen any answers.
I will notify Robin, and your refund should be in order shortly.

Sorry about the delay!

mina262

Reaction score
Should be within a few days after arrival.

However, we discovered today that we have some 500 Unanswered emails, due to some email agent malfunction beyond my comprehention. So that would be why you have not seen any answers.
I will notify Robin, and your refund should be in order shortly.

Sorry about the delay!
Thanks!

Captain Waffles

Reaction score
New to the brand and got a couple questions.
1. How is the quality for those familiar?
2. Sizing? I have a 38" chest and 5 foot 6 and athletic lean. How does this compare to berg and berg ?
3. Interested in the rollneck sweaters - Is a small ok for me? Are they tight fit or regular?
4. Free shipping to Canada?

Shetterd

Reaction score
New to the brand and got a couple questions.
1. How is the quality for those familiar?
2. Sizing? I have a 38" chest and 5 foot 6 and athletic lean. How does this compare to berg and berg ?
3. Interested in the rollneck sweaters - Is a small ok for me? Are they tight fit or regular?
4. Free shipping to Canada?
The quality of the tailoring is definitely higher than Berg & Berg. B&B has half-canvas now, while Cavour has full canvas. the fit is, for me personally, much better. B&B was too long and at the same time too slim (I am about 175cm). B&B has pre-cut sleeve buttenholes making alterations difficult. Cavour has fake holes which are easily moved.

On the rollneck, I have a 40 inch chest and took a medium.

noverbeck

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Cavour field jacket in storm system wool and can comment on the type of weather and temperatures they wear it in. I'm looking for something around 50 to 30F in a late Philadelphia fall and early winter. With layering is it manageable in lower temperatures?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads