• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland

Tomorrow it is our national day here in Norway. What does the Cavour team recommend guys to wear?
I would normally say to follow tradition, and wear a Bunad or a nice suit. But this year a nice t-shirt and a good pair of jeans will probably do just fine.. Hehe..

norMD

Reaction score
I would normally say to follow tradition, and wear a Bunad or a nice suit. But this year a nice t-shirt and a good pair of jeans will probably do just fine.. Hehe..
Jeans and t-shirt? Dont you sell suits for a living? ;)

Every year i think about wearing a lightly colored spring SC but I always end up in my wool/mohair navy fresco suit. This year I wore it with cavour Black penny loafers which proved to have excellent traction earning me a victory in the dads potato run.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Taking our new unlined loafer for a spin today. The Castorino suede is so amazingly soft.
4AFD7A35-626D-466F-9DD5-5DEE4A6EAF3E.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had Thomas do some magic in order to improve my tan a little to do the shoes justice.. Worn with a pair of Ambrosi trousers.
6D23C161-6527-40FA-9FAF-D832D553CCAD.jpeg

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do any of your sport coat come in long versions? Say 81 cm + backlength?
Not at the moment, no.

But we are in the early stages of developing an MTO program that allows small changes like length.
Still in early stages, so I cant say when we will be able to roll it out.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I'm curious whether your team has any thoughts about lengthening the standard sleeve length on your suits. I've always felt shortening sleeves were a cleaner alteration than lengthening them. I look about the same as the model (is that Hakon?) when wearing Cavour suits and to my eyes, the jacket sleeve is noticeably short by 1-2cm.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland any chance that the black penny loafers in box calf will be restocked? Thank you!
I do not think we have any on the immediate horizon. But it will be back later this year.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I'm curious whether your team has any thoughts about lengthening the standard sleeve length on your suits. I've always felt shortening sleeves were a cleaner alteration than lengthening them. I look about the same as the model (is that Hakon?) when wearing Cavour suits and to my eyes, the jacket sleeve is noticeably short by 1-2cm.

The most common alteration in our stores is to shorten the sleeve 1-2 cm, so my experience is that the current sleeve length is pretty good. The ham buttonholes are also very easy to remove without leaving marks, so lengthening the sleeves should not be an issue for a decent alterations tailor.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most common alteration in our stores is to shorten the sleeve 1-2 cm, so my experience is that the current sleeve length is pretty good. The ham buttonholes are also very easy to remove without leaving marks, so lengthening the sleeves should not be an issue for a decent alterations tailor.
In that case, it definitely doesn't make sense to change the standard sleeve length. Thank you for the response.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The light blue summer jacket!
One of my favorites in this seasons lineup.

9DAE8720-CDF0-4C32-B40D-E021C305C00B.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.