• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cavour - Cesare Attolini, Ring Jacket, Rota, Saint Crispin's, Edward Green - Official Affiliate

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll se what happens in the future. I think there will be a trend-shift over the coming seasons, as the soft shoulder has been very popular for a long period.
But we dont have to be the first movers.
Husbands Paris makes a very cool structured silhouette at a decent price point, but I think their total look is a little too fashiony for the classic #menswear enthusiasts.

Our double breasted model will have a generous peak lapel. I just got the first sample, and it looks promising albeit in need of a few tweaks before it gets to see the light of day.
Dunhill’s Belgravia is like a conservative Husbands.

That said, I like Cavour’s direction.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Any teaser pics for the model 3?

I'm hoping it's a 6x2 with minimal belly to the lapels.

We'll se what happens in the future. I think there will be a trend-shift over the coming seasons, as the soft shoulder has been very popular for a long period.
But we dont have to be the first movers.
Husbands Paris makes a very cool structured silhouette at a decent price point, but I think their total look is a little too fashiony for the classic #menswear enthusiasts.

Our double breasted model will have a generous peak lapel. I just got the first sample, and it looks promising albeit in need of a few tweaks before it gets to see the light of day.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Rake already did it, even at a very good price point.
Does not look like they sold too many of them..

View attachment 1559839
I have that navy blazer... worth getting if they still have your size and you’re looking for a 6x1 structured shoulder DB. Price point at discount is fantastic. But I agree with Kevin - 6x2 generally looks better.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland...

Love the new spring-summer trousers, especially the cream one!

Here’s a question I put on IG:

“If size 48 is a bit tight on me at the waist, by maybe about three cm, should I size up to 50 then take in the waist, or buy the same size and take it out at the waist? What if I want a higher rise? Would it make more sense to size up?”

what do you think?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland...

“If size 48 is a bit tight on me at the waist, by maybe about three cm, should I size up to 50 then take in the waist, or buy the same size and take it out at the waist? What if I want a higher rise? Would it make more sense to size up?”

what do you think?
I'm in the exact situation as you - I just returned a few trousers in both 48 and 50 because I could not get the exact fit and am not able to decide on the path forward. However, if a gun was to my head, I'd take in the 50 as opposed to letting out the 48.

1st world probs.........

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland...

what do you think?
Easy! Size up, ant take in the waist. Always better to size up and take in, than the other way around.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any teaser pics for the model 3?

I'm hoping it's a 6x2 with minimal belly to the lapels.
Not yet no, the sample had been under the knife, so it is hard to get a picture.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Any chance of a RTW Mod 2 cream dinner jacket, either in a single breast or double breast format?
That sound slike feeding the 70% off monster to me... Haha

But MTM or MTO is always an option for such a piece.

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah good point. Are MTO/MTM currently only available in store?

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm also curious about MTO options. Mod 2 in 50 fits me pretty perfectly with no alterations (other than hemming). Especially when Cavour rolls out your own cloth, could we do remote MTO orders? Or in standard in stock cloth from the common mills?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ah good point. Are MTO/MTM currently only available in store?
Yea I'm also curious about MTO options. Mod 2 in 50 fits me pretty perfectly with no alterations (other than hemming). Especially when Cavour rolls out your own cloth, could we do remote MTO orders? Or in standard in stock cloth from the common mills?
Currently in store only, but working on figuring out a sensible way to do remote MTOs too.

The biggest issue is the price, as our RTW prices are very good. Buying cut lengths from the usual suspects it would not be possible to sell at the same prices as the RTW where we buy fabrics by the roll.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats

Results are only viewable after voting.