• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Camerashy

Reaction score
Burzan - is your silk jacket a 2 or 3 button please
Just received my 54 checked jacket and it too small and 3 button so going for the silk jacket in 56 if it’s 2 button
Thanks

Shaunm88

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Is there a possibility of a Edward Green order for the Dover on 202 last in Dark Oak HAF sole. Rather than the 606. I could imagine this would sell very quickly.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland Is there a possibility of a Edward Green order for the Dover on 202 last in Dark Oak HAF sole. Rather than the 606. I could imagine this would sell very quickly.

Sure, I’ll have a look if the order had been submitted nd confirmed. If not we can surely do 202 instead of 606.

EDIT: Will also have to look at the price. Last time we did MTOs on the 202 there was a surcharge for the 202 last. (Which is insanely idiotic..)

Anyone else feel the same way, and prefer the 202 over the 606?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, I’ll have a look if the order had been submitted nd confirmed. If not we can surely do 202 instead of 606.

EDIT: Will also have to look at the price. Last time we did MTOs on the 202 there was a surcharge for the 202 last. (Which is insanely idiotic..)

what is the difference between these 2 lasts?

Thomas_M

Reaction score

606 is more iconic of the Dover and IMHO the soft square toe matches better the dark oak leather.
202 last is more rounded in the toe and would suit better a suede shoes.
As a retailer, I guess I would prefer to stock something that has been selling better over years and years.
Just my two cents.

jamesnyc

Reaction score
606 is more iconic of the Dover and IMHO the soft square toe matches better the dark oak leather.
As a retailer, I guess I would prefer to stock something that has been selling better over years and years.
Just my two cents.

+1, I hope that Cavour offers DOAK Dover in 606 like now.

reddargon

Reaction score
Just my two cents.

+1, I hope that Cavour offers DOAK Dover in 606 like now.

Agree, I bought the London Grain Dovers in 606 from Cavour and love the last, I'd want the same if I got DOAK. I also agree that the 202 could be better for suede, but would have to see them in person to compare.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
202 and 32 lasts are very popular in the asian market. But I am pretty sure the 606 is the best seller in EU and US.

But we could probably add a small series of 202s. Or PM me, if many enough do, we can Probably have them Made in the same run, and avoid MTO charge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics