• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

BomTrady

Reaction score
Giuseppe, Massimiliano, Vincent, Giuglielmo, and pretty much everyone in their showroom. Vintage Rolexes and Bontoni shoes were the only items that are not Made by Attolini. Just an observation I Made on one of the first visits.
Is Vincent also working with his own brand, Stile Latino, as well as CA? Is CA still pretty much run as a small family business? I was told that at the CA factory, you hardly see a sewing machine in the place as almost all operations are completed by hand.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was told that at the CA factory, you hardly see a sewing machine in the place as almost all operations are completed by hand.

I think there is an obvious distinction between hand sewing (needle and thread) in one's fingers vs hand operation of a sewing machine, vs automated machine sewing.

There are some seams on shirts for instance, that are much stronger if sewn with a machine. But, then I've never visited the Attolini workshop.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I think there is an obvious distinction between hand sewing (needle and thread) in one's fingers vs hand operation of a sewing machine, vs automated machine sewing.

There are some seams on shirts for instance, that are much stronger if sewn with a machine. But, then I've never visited the Attolini workshop.
Yes, don't disagree with you at all and I have Attolini shirts that are clearly so delicate that the Attolini folks always warn that they should be hand-washed and ironed (even the RTW ones); that being said, the big seams are machine-sewn and some seams are machine sewn and, I believe, hand sewn on top...but what I should have said is that they don't have a lot of "machines" of any kind. There's a large difference between a largely hand-made garment and a fully machine made one. Although the machine techniques are fantastically close these days, arguably, anyway.

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, don't disagree with you at all and I have Attolini shirts that are clearly so delicate that the Attolini folks always warn that they should be hand-washed and ironed (even the RTW ones); that being said, the big seams are machine-sewn and some seams are machine sewn and, I believe, hand sewn on top...but what I should have said is that they don't have a lot of "machines" of any kind. There's a large difference between a largely hand-made garment and a fully machine made one. Although the machine techniques are fantastically close these days, arguably, anyway.
This video of inside their workshop certainly shows a LOT of hand sewing going on, and no machines visible anywhere. I have about eight or ten Attolini dress shirts and they don't seem that delicate to me. An SA from the NY boutique did advise buying a half size up as the hand sewn typically shrink some over time, and especially in consideration of the neck buttoning if one is regularly wearing ties.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is Vincent also working with his own brand, Stile Latino, as well as CA? Is CA still pretty much run as a small family business? I was told that at the CA factory, you hardly see a sewing machine in the place as almost all operations are completed by hand.

The CA workshop is rather quiet, that is true.
Vincent Villa is their head of sales in Europe. You are thinking of Vincenzo Attolini, the third brother. He broke out of the family business, and started Stile Latino. It is manufacturing in the old CA factory. The style is a little younger, and a little more «trendy» in luck of a better word. Also well made. Quite big in Japan.

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Hi,
First time buyer. The Edward Green sales brought me here =).
Happy to get these off your hands and help you during these difficult times.
My business here in Belgium is heavily affected too.
I sent an e-mail to [email protected] on Thursday. Is somebody monitoring the address currently?
Cheers.
PS : I have a feeling this won't be my last order from Cavour, fantastic selection and the Cavour products look great!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi,
First time buyer. The Edward Green sales brought me here =).
Happy to get these off your hands and help you during these difficult times.
My business here in Belgium is heavily affected too.
I sent an e-mail to [email protected] on Thursday. Is somebody monitoring the address currently?
Cheers.
PS : I have a feeling this won't be my last order from Cavour, fantastic selection and the Cavour products look great!

Hi,

The contact mail is monitored, but by Sebastian and Robin, who also handles all online orders, so if you have not heard back yet, they will probably get back to you on Monday. They have been rather busy these days.
If it was a general question, feel free to shoot me a PM. But if it is regarding an order, please wait for them to get back to you.

Lindrian

Reaction score
How is the sizing of the suede field jacket and suede bomber? Are they lined?

Lindrian

Reaction score
The bomber fits a little snug, so might want to size one up. But the Field Jacket is true to size. Both are lined.
Thanks for the reply. The bomber is out of stock in size 50. I guess you snooze you loose :).

Its quite expensive though, I've been considering a valstarino which is a bit cheaper. Anyone have the bomber and can comment on it?

Thomas_M

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The bomber is out of stock in size 50. I guess you snooze you loose :).

Its quite expensive though, I've been considering a valstarino which is a bit cheaper. Anyone have the bomber and can comment on it?
I can only comment on the Valstarino which is splendid.
I would highly recommend it. I do not feel at all the need to potentially upgrade toward something else. Quality and material are perfect for me.

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wish i was skinny enough to wear Cavour house line

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the fit on the suits? Are they all cut exactly the same? I'm looking at the High Twist Summer Suit. Can Cavour provide full measurements of that particular suiting? Or is the general size guide an exact representation for all the suits sold on the website?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads