1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Caution: purchasing armani suits ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Apr 22, 2004.

1. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I donno Emp. Armani Line. But from the picture, the suit looks real cheap. Why? When I buy my suit, the suit has to drape perfectly. This translate to the suit has to have perfect stiching along all seams.. However, this particular suit have flows on shoulder-under arm seam.. notice how its kinked and wrinkled? This may be just wrinkle which can go away with pressing .. but to me, it looks like its from unskilled craftmanship.

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Le Collezioni suits are made by...Zegna. [​IMG]

3. kabert

kabert Senior member

OK, Armani Collection suits are made by Zegna. RLPL shoes are made by E. Green. Paul Stuart suits are made by Samuelson, unless it's the Stuart's Choice in which case they're made by St. Andrews. Their shoes are made by EG. No, it's Sargent now, right? Used to be EG. Brooks Bros. shoes are mostly made by Alden, but some are made by Sargent I guess. RLPL shirts are mostly made by Lorenzini. IS THIS CONFUSING OR WHAT... I won't even get started on the shoe last number confusion -- what Tony Gaziano said, which lasts are no longer used, which are special order, etc.

Folks, I would pay good money if someone would please publish a high end men's guide to who makes what for whom.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Sure, but the cut would be different from the typical Zegna cut, and the cloth might be special cloth manufactured specifically for the Armani Collezioni collection as well.

5. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Le Collezioni suits are made by...Zegna.
    Sure, but the cut would be different from the typical Zegna cut, and the cloth might be special cloth manufactured specifically for the Armani Collezioni collection as well.
    However, the basic construction (ie: fused) is the same.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

A worthy cause of suspicion. This is mainly the reason I brought it up. It's a shame.

7. LA Guy

Maybe they fell off the back of a truck? There was a great little segment in "The Sopranos" a couple of seasons back where the guys hijacked a shipment of high-end suits; and at one point in the episode, Tony tells Carmela that he got a Vestimenta suit at a great deal.

8. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

Possible, I suppose, but I always assume that eBay sellers are not pushing hot merchandise.

Of course, I often wonder how current season 100% genuine Gucci jackets and the like show up on eBay from time to time with the tags still on...

9. LA Guy

Consignment from someone with buyer's remorse, unwanted gift that can't be returned or exchanged, unused wardrobe from film studios, samples. But usually, the seller is just plain lying.

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Just curious, how can something be 46%, or 84% genuine? I think it's such a funny expression to call something "100% AUTHENTIC." This isn't directed towards you, I just think it's a funny phrase that is often used and not questioned. A Gucci jacket that was 38% authentic, maybe the lining was original Gucci, but the fabric was from Macau? [​IMG]

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

How many authentic Gucci jacketa are there? It's really a dismal affair consisting of blatantly logoed items, and general dross. Gucci at this point does not produce track jackets with GG's all about. The descriptions of 2004 collection is just obscene.

12. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

I'm actually thinking of a particular jacket I saw many, many months ago. If you're into the sort of thing, it was cut in a jean-jacket style, except made of gorgeous tan calfskin and the logo'ed tan canvas. It wasn't fake, and still had a Holt Renfrew price tag on it. And, of course, it was being sold at my local Holt Renfrew for some obscene amount. As I recall, it sold for about 1/3 of retail.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Well, the ones I was referring to were those jackets made out of the canvas used for purses. And then the seller states it's in the current collections. That is such a lie.

But I did see once a Gucci alligator coat on eBay for $20,000.

14. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Exactly...

15. Timothy

Timothy Senior member

If you are interested in those Emporio suits you should check out the other items they sell like all the fake D&G clothes. You can tell they are fake by the mix of the different logos from different lines like &, D&G, and Dolce & Gabbana. The jean jacket is a good example with a Dolce & Gabbana label inside but a D&G lable on the chest. Also the black and white logo cards are not right and the tags in the lime t-shirt is wrong. . .

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Yea I noticed this as well. A friend of mine recently bought some "Versace" jeans on eBay. It's pretty funny, he's really excited about them... I don't want to tell him that the pocket design that says "VERSUS" on it doesn't exactly work with the leather patch that says "VERSACE JEANS COUTURE." Whoops [​IMG]

17. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

From now on .. I shop on ebay EXPECTing the item is not authentic epscially those italian labels. I find Hugo Boss stuffs are real so for, but Prada, Armani stuff I bought were fake. Just bought these Gucci (real or not) shoes: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws....IT&rd=1 I know the shoes are not from this season. It should be somewhere between 2000-2002 .. Does anyone know where i can see Gucci shoes pics from past seasons? Interesting note: The seller of the shoes are Ben Clymer Tempa Bay Lightening ..

18. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm afraid, that guide would be out of date before it is published.

19. MikeF

MikeF Senior member

Given the boxy style, gaudy ornament and overly-shiny leather, I'm going to say they're circa 1999-2000.

20. MikeF

MikeF Senior member