• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Caught primping at work

srgprod

Reaction score
Hi. Has anyone been caught admiring their outfits or looking in the mirror at work? I've been caught numerous times checking out the fit of my jeans, etc. Trying to look cool at the same time.
Pretty embarrassing

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicboohoo[1].gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
oh yah girl!
snap

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Get a compact. That is what they're called, right? Those little clamshell shaped kits with mirrors in them? That's what my girlfriend uses. Much more discreet but probably a lot harder to explain if anybody catches you. I want you to get a compact. It would be hilarious. I am going to buy one this afternoon. Sometimes I stop in front of mirrors in public places and admire myself for an inordinately long time because it makes the people I am with uncomfortable and I think it is funny. If I got a compact I could weild my sword of imposed awkward situations at my leisure. This is gold. Sorry for the long post but this is too funny to not happen.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Get a compact. That is what they're called, right? Those little clamshell shaped kits with mirrors in them? That's what my girlfriend uses. Much more discreet but probably a lot harder to explain if anybody catches you. .

understatement of the year

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nope, never. i'm uber-discreet. if i do get caught, my backup plan is to pretend like i'm wiping off a stain in that particular spot (only works if it's not on the ass or crotch).

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Much more discreet but probably a lot harder to explain if anybody catches you.

GG Allin would probably be using it to blow lines.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
I do it all in the time in class. I could care less when my classmates look at me for it.

lol, congrats

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm embarassed just reading this at work.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I'm lucky that my work is centered around physical appearances, and we are encouraged to primp ourselves.

drake

Reaction score
Originally Posted by braidkid
I'm embarassed just reading this at work.

I make sure this **** is minimized/closed before anyone walks by.

iconoclasm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
I thought it said pimping.

ditto. And i was going to say that its only a problem if you are making unwanted advances.

Were you checking out your own ass? That has got to be the most embarrassing.
I dont even understand how its possible, unless if he is using a mirror or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics