• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Catfish

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fairly deceitful marketing of a rather tepid "documentary" (my guess is that the first two acts were staged). I don't want to spoil it, but you'll figure it out in about three minutes and will spend the remaining 90 minutes seriously hoping someone will get killed.

This is documentary for the reality generation who don't let truth get in the way.

lefty

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't let me dissuade you, but let me ask - what do you imagine this movie to be about?

lefty

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Don't let me dissuade you, but let me ask - what do you imagine this movie to be about?

dumb threads more entertaining?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was basically that - so I met this hot chick online . . .

lefty

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Let me guess, the 8-year old girl is actually a giant catfish that's been given a computer by researchers? Ok, nailed it, no need to watch this ****.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie sucked. Go see something else. And I am very forgiving of movies.
tongue.gif
uke:

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up. I had been planning to see it, but I think I'll reconsider.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of the songs she 'sings' (rips off YT) is from Truman SHow. This might suggest a subtle intention to fake, to some viewers.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched it; thought it was a colossal waste of time, and posted it on my fb. Almost immediately I got hipster indie nerds on my wall saying how it was some great movie pointing out important current social issues and that I totally missed the point.

One theory is that we are all immune to sockpuppetry as we frequent forums such as this, and that when it's portrayed in this movie, it really isn't a big deal.

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie was the worst ************* I've seen in ages. Anyone who thinks it was remotely good, insightful, or deep, is a moron. And yeah I'm forgiving too (that's how badly I hated Catfish).

madmadigan

Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT.

Yeah I thought this movie sucked too.

All the brief reviews/blurbs I heard before hand were along the lines of "dont' let anyone give away the ending".

What a waste of time. Like the OP I too was hoping some crazy/psycho/murder was going to happen, that's the only thing that would of been intresting.

So he meets some chick online and it turns out its some lady with mental problems who faked her identity. WOW how deep and thoght provoking.

This movie was all hype.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shiteness or otherwise hasn't been the main contention in the various (UK release-based) reviews I've heard. The issue has been whether or not it was fake-umentary or not.

theguy

Reaction score
The movie itself was the catfish and I will now be on my toes about misleading **** like this.
Me and my girlfriend were deceived last weekend. I wonder what percentage of viewers went into this thinking there would be a death or some sort of dismemberment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics