• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Sunglasses

SulaiNeill

Reaction score
My eyes are more sensitive to light that most and dry enough that a slight breeze causes tears to stream down my face. Because of this I wear sunglasses almost everyday, especially on my morning commute. I have 2 pairs of "go to" shades, my Ray-Ban New Wayfarers (black frame w/ blue lenses) and my Lowercase NYC x American Trench Hudsons (smoke grey frame and lenses). What are your go to brands, styles, shapes for casual sunglasses and what is the price range you are looking for?

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My go-to glasses are Maui Jims. Luxotica owns most of the major brands and the quality just doesn't match the price points. I like the frameless rims of the Maui Jims - they're comfortable to wear for a long time and I like being able to get different type of lens (I prefer their rose lenses). For driving, I have a pair of Serengheti glasses in the car. They're great contrast glasses - better for driving than the typical dark glasses and yet still polarized. I have to get another pair for my wife's car - I actually have a pair of dark lens Maui's in there and I really hate driving with that type of lens (fine as a passenger but not as much as a driver).

sunwearvn

Reaction score
You should wear mirror-coated sunglasses.
Mirror sunglasses is suitable to sensitive eye since it block further 30-50% amount of light to compare with regular sunglasses.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My go-to glasses are Maui Jims. Luxotica owns most of the major brands and the quality just doesn't match the price points. I like the frameless rims of the Maui Jims - they're comfortable to wear for a long time and I like being able to get different type of lens (I prefer their rose lenses). For driving, I have a pair of Serengheti glasses in the car. They're great contrast glasses - better for driving than the typical dark glasses and yet still polarized. I have to get another pair for my wife's car - I actually have a pair of dark lens Maui's in there and I really hate driving with that type of lens (fine as a passenger but not as much as a driver).

Second on the Maui Jims. I ignored them for a long time as I used to go to Maui a lot as a kid w/ my folks and always viewed them as old man sunglasses.

I picked up a pair last year and they are so much better than my Ray Bans / Prada / whatever other gunglasses I have. And they are modernized and attractive now.

The vision quality is almost on par w/ high-end shooting glasses like Pilla (almost, but not quite)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads