Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Casual suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Centaurion, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Centaurion

Centaurion New Member

Hello guys. This is my first post on this forum, but I have been lurking here for a while.

I'm looking for a casual suit that I can wear out on town, when going to clubs or restaurants. Should I go for a pintstripe one, or just a single colour? Wouldnt a pinstripe suit look more business like?
    I want the suit to match a black shirt with discrete blue vertical stripes and one with grey/white stripes, so the pinstripe suit is out, or? What colour would you guys recommend?

Sorry if this seems like an obvious question, but Ive been told that I dont have an eye for colour. hehe I looked trough the forums but I couldnt find any posts regarding my question, and I would be glad if someone had any tips or pointers.

Thanks.

2. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Pinstripe may be better, as you can match patterns, but if you're going to wear a black shirt, you're more or less relegated to a black suit IMO. Are you going to wear a tie with this? There are a number of different looks you can try, one you could try would be a black/blue pinstripe) with the black blue striped shirt and a blue tie, with black shoes...

3. Leo Jay

Leo Jay Senior member

It depends on how subtle the shirt stripes are, but if If you haven't developed a good eye yet and you're absolutely committed to having your choice of suit dictated entirely by these two shirts (which I wouldn't recommend, but it's certainly your prerogative), I think it would generally be best to stay away from a pinstripe suit, and go with a solid.

Or if you want to be more daring, when you go shopping, just bring along someone whose taste you trust.

4. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

I would start over.  Go shopping without the shirts as a limitation.

With those shirts, maybe a black leather blazer would be a better solution?