Casual shoes for rain/light snow?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sonick, Oct 25, 2003.

1. sonick

sonick Senior member

Im looking for some shoes (boots?) that are suitable for rain/snow (Im from vancouver Canada) for fall/winter...

Does anybody know any styles that i could look for? Boots? shoes? Im not looking for brands and models, but just some styles that I could keep an eye out for...

I found a pair of Diesel boots (no idea what the name was) for fairly cheap, but they're not new models, so i cant find any info online on them...

By casual i mean sweater and jeans with a leather jacket or a down-filled "puffy" jacket...

Thanks in advance

2. Kai

Kai Senior member

Funny you should post this, as I just purchased a pair of such boots. Â They are the Snowdon model from Crockett & Jones. Â They are veldt sewn, which means that the welt is sewn so as to make the welt completely waterproof. Â Most welted boots will leak at the welt, and the veldtshoen construction is really the only choice if you want a pair of quality, traditionally styled waterproof boots that you can actually stomp through puddles in. Here is a picture of them: Â http://www.bsaltd.com/bsa_zcrock.html The alternative is a more casual boot, such as the many various styles of hiking boot which are available. Â Many of these are also waterproof. Â A different look than the Crockett & Jones' however. Check out Cabelas or Orvis for a large selection of these more casual sporting oriented boots. Â Kai