• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Shirtmakers in the UK or Europe?

Malthus101

Reaction score
Hi there.... who are some really good CASUAL shirt makers in the UK? (or Europe)

There is plenty of discussion around dress shirt makers but I'd like to buy a load of really well made, well fitting casual shirts for everyday wear.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Malthus101

Reaction score
Literally no one knows of any good casual shirt makers? So bizarre!

Where are people buying good casual shirts from?

I just spent the last 2 hours searching the internet and there are almost ZERO good or interesting casual shirts online!

Anyone?

msimon

Reaction score
The only true UK shirt maker I can think of is eton shirts.

hedfunk

Reaction score
Never tried them but I've read some good things about Poszetka

Spiraltoy

Reaction score
Drake’s, Private white vc, Tender and Nigel Cabourn maybe?

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
Hi there.... who are some really good CASUAL shirt makers in the UK? (or Europe)

There is plenty of discussion around dress shirt makers but I'd like to buy a load of really well made, well fitting casual shirts for everyday wear.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Bespoke/MTO or off the shelf?

Malthus101

Reaction score
Never tried them but I've read some good things about Poszetka

Thanks - I don't like button down shirt collars or overly swept collars (espcially on casual shirts ) which is what they seem to specialize in! But certainly interesting.... thanks.

Malthus101

Reaction score
Portuguese Flannel?
Thanks - not really looking for flannel but good to know about!

I think what I'm after is like Japanese tailoring, you know, indigo dyes, japanese type textiles with those sort of fine detail patterns, light material, very casual, jeans and shirt under a leather jacket type vibe... Loose!

Malthus101

Reaction score
Paul Smith/PS Jeans. Agnes B. Flax London. Percival. Folk. Toast.

Thanks for the suggestions - Percival I find the most interesting (and I recall I used to have something by Agnes B but I can't remember what it was!)

I found something on the Percival sale for only £50 (can always send it back if no good)

None of them are exactly what I have in mind, but they offer some interesting items.

Guess I'll just have to start my own fashion label specializing in cool, casual shirts!

Malthus101

Reaction score
Paul Smith/PS Jeans. Agnes B. Flax London. Percival. Folk. Toast.

Picked up an "overshirt" from Percival that was in the sale so got it for £50 - kind of an indigo blue, tough workwear smock, sort of communist China style! Not entirely sure how I'll wear it but.. it has a lot of pockets so might make it my smoking jacket now that I smoke pipes! (pipes have a lot of accessories needed to make them function)

PERCIVAL - Overshirt - Indigo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads