• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Casual jackets with long sleeves

StopPolloition

Reaction score
I have pretty much worn my Spiewak McClary field jacket to death, and they no longer make it in black or the cotton fabric that I liked (a lot of tencel and nylon used now). It was probably the only slimmer fitting military style jacket that I've found with sleeves long enough to reach my wrist. What other options for quality military style or other casual jackets exist for me that will fit correctly in the jacket but is long enough in the sleeves?

A few months ago, I bought a Ben Sherman Trophy jacket in XL and the sleeves were long enough, but the nylon/polyester shell material is not really something I expect to be very durable. The only other time I can get sleeves long enough is if I try on a XXL that doesn't fit me at all in the body and has garbage bag width armholes. I have a pretty normal build, about 42" chest with 36" true waist, 6'1" 190, except my dress shirt sleeve length is about 36.5" (I'm the missing link).

Trying to take advantage of the Tobi coupon code before the end of the month, and I found some jackets from companies such as Obey or Comune, but have no idea about their fit for the sleeves or quality. Some of the items are final sale and can't be returned, so I'd hate to be stuck with a jacket that is an inch or two too short in the sleeve.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.