1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Casual Elegant Spring Event

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

Hi all:

Good to be back home. Question: I have a fundraiser coming up Saturday May 13 -- this will be a wine and appetizers event held in a 16th-century Spanish fort.

Dress is casual elegant. I don't own any sport coats that are light weight, if so it would be much easier to pull something together.

I was thinking along the lines of:

RLPL French Blue linen shirt, RLPL linen beige FF trousers, Moreschi tan and linen spectators (or Ferragamo chesnut monks).

or

Aforementioned shirt, cream wool gabardine Brooks Bros. FF trousers, spectators (or Ferragamo chesnut monks)

I could just go with a navy Chan 2-button suit and a bright colored shirt underneath and no tie. But it is a bit heavy of a suit for a may night in the tropics.

Any ideas?

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

How hot will it be? Does this fort have air conditioning?

3. Tomasso

Tomasso Distinguished Member

How can you live in PR and not have all sorts of suits/jackets of linen and fresco? Just wondering.

4. Stu

Stu Distinguished Member

How can you live in PR and not have all sorts of suits/jackets of linen and fresco? Just wondering.

Easy. I had plenty, then discovered this damn forum and realized they were all crap and threw them out [​IMG]

As for the AC, I don't think Spaniards started putting AC in their forts until the 17th century.