• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Brogues for Summer

sakh2014

Reaction score
Hi all,

Slowly working on my wardrobe and now looking for a nice pair of casual brogues.

Shoes will be worn with casual attire, mostly chinos and jeans, so I suppose light brown/tan colors are preferred. Living in a warm climate, so nothing too heavy. I hate suede, it's out of the picture, but still hoping for something light and airy as much as possible. Budget wise, I'd prefer to stay in $300-400 range, but I'm flexible.

Shoes will likely be purchased online, since local distribution is very scarce, so shop links and fit tips are appreciated.

Thank you.

sakh2014

Reaction score
All right then, what would be a good suede brogue to start with?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loake Jack in Sand suede:

The 024 last fits big, so take 1.5 size down from your US size, i.e. US9D = UK7.5F in these. On sale at Herring Shoes at the moment, but only smaller sizes left. They're also available from other online retailers.

Last edited:

foodmeanoff

Reaction score
good info,only smaller sizes left. They're also available from other online retailers.thanks for your sharing
ca

Last edited:

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's about as wintery a shoe style as you could find.

sakh2014

Reaction score
Stumbled across this pair of Allen Edmonds Strand on Ebay. Can't quite make out the color, looks like walnut. Does this seem like a decent buy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351112638277

Think they should go well with most colors of chinos, what about jeans?

Last edited:

Adorno

Reaction score
I wear walnut Strands with jeans all of the time. So long as you wear dark denim, it's a great look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads