• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Casual boots

Rankiz

Reaction score
For casual use, but also might be used to more finer occasions. Which of the ones listed below would you gone for?

Rankiz

Reaction score
I can't really decide. If I should go for the Chelsea boots, or rather the George. I don't have the opportunity to try either of the shoes before buying also.

retozimmermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rankiz
I can't really decide. If I should go for the Chelsea boots, or rather the George. I don't have the opportunity to try either of the shoes before buying also.

Doesn't a classic George boot have laces and thee eyelets?

@OP: I'd go for the Chelsea boot. The buckle and the way the upper is constructed here makes it look too much like a biker-boot to be used in more classic setting.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Btw, did go for RM Williams Brown Suede size 7! :p

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say the Chelsea boots are more casual, but both could certainly work. I've been hankering for a pair of Jodphurs for a while now.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.