• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Blazer instructions for a NOOB?

gateslion

Reaction score
I think I want to try the blazer look, but I don't have a clue what I am doing.

I want to do the whole blazer with jeans thing. Something for the clubs, bars, maybe a dinner date.

I'm thinking Jeans Blazer, trendy t shirt?

Or

Jeans, blazer, button down, semi casual dress shirt? Tucked or untucked? Going for well dressed but cool not stuffy.

What kind of shoes? Thanks.

dieselixi

Reaction score
I second That, I interested in the same look, but I'm a noob as well.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both work. Shoes? Trainers, oxfords, etc. depends on the color of blazer, pants, etc.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're going with jeans, stick with an unstructured blazer. Most kinds of shoes will work, you could dress it up a bit with some wingtips or loafers, or keep it casual with some classic sneakers. It really depends on the situation.

Don't do the graphic tee under the blazer, it's a bad look in my opinion. Casual button-ups will work, some people don't approve of the untucked shirt under the blazer but I think it looks good provided the shirt isn't too long. If it's a dress shirt you need to tuck it in, though.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but you can't wear blazers with shoes.

phaseshift

Reaction score
anyone else feel like blazers really don't look good with broad shoulders? I've got some broad shoulders and I dont think it ever looks good...maybe I should get them tailored

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ theoretically speaking they'll look good if they're fit right.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads