• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual Belt

MaxTO

Reaction score
Any comments on this belt? Link Having a hard time find a casual belt for jeans, can't seem to find something that really stands out for me...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks kind of interesting, probably a removable buckle (I would ask), but I don't think I'd do it with jeans. Shiny black leather shoes and belts shouldn't be done with any but the darkest jeans, IMO.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe LA Guy can give you some suggestions. I can't remember the name of that company with the Maltese Cross belts.. Balthazar or something? Those are really cool.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
You might want to ask DiscoStu how wide it is... it looks a bit narrow for jeans to me - but hard to tell from the pic.

Bradford

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. Â I personally like more distinctive belts. Â Drinkwaters carries some "Engineered Garments" belts based off of old military quick release belts - great buckle, and top-notch English bridle leather ( I have one reserved.) Â And they are only in their second season, so you will have the hipster snob disctinction of being a leader rather than a follower. Â I personally really believe in this line (I have one of their bags already, from the first season, and the belt is too) and think that it is doing what John Varvatos would have liked to do if he didn't have financial pressures (his first and second collections were spectacular (have a bag and belt from either season, respectively - I've been less and less impressed since then.) Â If you are interested, I'll give him a call and maybe take pictures for you. Â Baltazar (www.baltazar.la) are my favorite. Â Really rock and roll style. Â Totally cool accent pieces with jeans and a tee shirt and sneakers. Â Hollywood Trading Company (www.htcamerica.com have similar belts as well,) but more understated, and, imo, less cool. Â Paul Smith also has some cool belts, but are generally overpriced, imo.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of that company with the Maltese Cross belts.. Balthazar or something? Those are really cool.

Thanks dude. That is my everyday belt, and the coolest belt, and possible best made, that I've ever seen or owned.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Hey, speaking of jean belts, and since you are on right now LA Guy, you might know this: I have a cool tooled belt I got at a thrift shop, with a removable buckle, but no leather keeper. I could snap a keeper between the one and the two snaps. Is there somewhere I could get one made or something, or should I just get another thrift shop belt and steal the keeper from it. Pretty minimal concern, as I'll probably do the latter, but you never know.

MaxTO

Reaction score
Drinkwaters carries some "Engineered Garments" belts based off of old military quick release belts - great buckle, and top-notch English bridle leather ( I have one reserved.)
If you are interested, I'll give him a call and maybe take pictures for you.
A pic, price would be good to see, know
smile.gif
Took a quick look at Baltazar, not something that I'd be able to pull off. I need something that doesn't attract too much attention LOL Thanks.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Phone Gary at Drinkwaters (617-547-2067) and see what he's got left in terms of sizes and colors (there is a brown and black color, but I've already made gentlemen's agreement to buy the brown in 34/85 from him.) He is getting some S/S Engineered garments in soon (or now) too, so he may have more styles.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should I just get another thrift shop belt and steal the keeper from it.

A good leatherworker can easily do this for you (after all, it's just a piece of leather either stapled or (less commonly) sewn together. But a huge hassle for not much savings. Just get another thrift shop belt.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any comments on this belt? Link Having a hard time find a casual belt for jeans, can't seem to find something that really stands out for me...
Try this site for nice belts, this company makes the AE belts. Crookhorn

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try this site for nice belts, this company makes the AE belts.

Sorry, imo, not really great belts for jeans. Try a Ranger style belt, maybe. IMO, a jean belt should be fairly simple and fairly wide - at least 1.5", or with lots of hardware. Distressed or matte - no shiny leather.

Brian SD

Reaction score
LA Guy, the drinkwater belts, can you give a quick description and maybe a price? I am *way, way, way* behind in the belt-owning business. Those baltazar belts are unassailably cool.

A price on baltazar belts would be nice too, I'm assuming in the $350 range?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Try this site for nice belts, this company makes the AE belts.
Sorry, imo, not really great belts for jeans. Â Try a Ranger style belt, maybe. Â IMO, a jean belt should be fairly simple and fairly wide - at least 1.5", or with lots of hardware. Â Distressed or matte - no shiny leather.
I don't know, some of those are pretty nice, if you are older or going for a more western style. Not my style either, but they would look good on the right guy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian,

Baltazar belts can be had for $196 - phone the Denim Doctors, and they can hook you up with pretty much any color scheme you like (I got white on brown Iron Cross for myself, and the "Ivy" for my fiancee.) You will want the small size. There is also a studded one on Kultic.com, available immediately. Ask them about the exact sizing on it, since the sizing system changed recently. BTW, if yopu can beleive it, the belts look way cooler in person than on the site. Way cooler.

I can get you a picture of one of those Engineered Garment belts (a little simpler,) maybe even tomorrow. You need the 32 size, probably (it's really small, don't worry), and will want the brown. They are going for about $100 right now, down from $170. Can definitely hook you up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads