1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Belt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by MaxTO, Mar 2, 2005.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

(LA Guy @ April 26 2005,08:56)
    I am sorely tempted... http://www.scrollingbuckle.com/
    Why? Â I guess that you could get a novelty kick out of it for about half a day's wear. Â Then you're out your money.
    I don't know what you're talking about. During the day, you could hook it up to show stock quotes and a news ticker. At night, just put "BEHOLD MY JUNK" on repeat, and beat the chicks off with a stick.
    I hadn't thought about that. Maybe there is scroll function for the daytime, and a flash function that you can synchronize to the 80's remix for eveningwear. Behold - My - Junk Behold - My - Junk Behold - My - Junk

2. rlevine

rlevine Well-Known Member

Is drinkwater's still waiting for the belts to come?

3. LA Guy

Yes. I'll call Gary and see where that stands. Evidently, Engineered Garments were surprised by the demand, and has been struggling to get production back on schedule.

4. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Speaking of the EG belt. It rules. I get compliments on it everytime someone sees it, and girls love how you can just click open the buckle by pulling on the bottom scimitar-thing. The leather is looking better every day, as well.

5. LA Guy

This is the low tech version of the

Behold...My..Junk
    Behold..My...Junk
    Behold..My...Junk

belt.

6. rlevine

rlevine Well-Known Member

What's the ETA on the belts?

7. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

I spoke with Engineered Garments yesterday and they said they anticipated the belts to arrive in their hands today. If that is true then I will have the belts in store next week. If you have not called to reserve your size, I would recommend you do so soon. Based on LA Guys praisings, I have reserved quite a few already. My phone # 617-547-2067 or PM me. Thanks for everyones patience on this item, they are hand made and we were not anticipating the response to be so good.

Best,

Gary

8. j

j Senior member Admin

Any chance of sourcing a buckle similar to this one? [​IMG] Edit: didn't see Gary's post, but I still don't know if I can justify laying down the cash for one of those.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

10. LA Guy

The belt is undoubtably well made, but the buckle is unimpressive, imo. For me, it is the unique buckle and keeper of the EG belt that makes it special. It *is* a fair bit cheaper.

11. j

j Senior member Admin

(j @ April 29 2005,13:15) Not to steal Gary's/Engineered Garments' thunder, but what do you think of this: Bridle leather belts at David Morgan
    The belt is undoubtably well made, but the buckle is unimpressive, imo. Â For me, it is the unique buckle and keeper of the EG belt that makes it special. It *is* a fair bit cheaper.
    Yeah, that's why I'm interested in sourcing some interesting buckles. One thing that struck me about the EG belt is that the buckle is sewn on, whereas the Morgan bridle belts have snaps so one can change buckles. I have no interesting buckles as of yet, and I don't like most that I find (I don't think I can really pull off the big peg-type ones anyway) but I'd be happy to run across a good solid ... uh, regular type one. Especially a real vintage example of the EG type.

12. LA Guy

(LA Guy @ April 30 2005,10:26)
    Not to steal Gary's/Engineered Garments' thunder, but what do you think of this: Bridle leather belts at David Morgan
    The belt is undoubtably well made, but the buckle is unimpressive, imo. Â For me, it is the unique buckle and keeper of the EG belt that makes it special. It *is* a fair bit cheaper.
    Yeah, that's why I'm interested in sourcing some interesting buckles. One thing that struck me about the EG belt is that the buckle is sewn on, whereas the Morgan bridle belts have snaps so one can change buckles. I have no interesting buckles as of yet, and I don't like most that I find (I don't think I can really pull off the big peg-type ones anyway) but I'd be happy to run across a good solid ... uh, regular type one. Especially a real vintage example of the EG type.
    I can help you out here. I'll try to remember the websites (usually UK based) where they have some very very interesting buckles. Will post as I re-find them.

13. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Engineered Garment belts just arrived. Please call for availability of your size. 617-547-2067

14. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

Yes, please. I'm also on the search for simple, but interesting buckles.

15. LA Guy

Still trying to remember the website (computer crashed a while ago, and I lost most of my bookmarks.)