1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Casual Belt

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MaxTO, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sam

sam Senior member

Any word on the pics?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Trying to arrange this with Gary Drinkwater. All the belts are gone right now (BrianSD, I've reserved one for your approval, in your size (80/32), I bought the other two - one in black, one in brown,) but Gary assures me that the he will be getting some in soon. I will get him to take pictures of the one I reserved for Brian. I will also try to get pics of the windows we (Gary and I) did together for his store yesterday evening. Very cool stuff.

3. LA Guy

Pics at last. Â The belt is made in England from real bridle leather, and the military quick release buckle is really, really cool, as is the stopper. Â The design is based off of a really terrific antique military design. Â All the hardware is in solid brass, and should get a great tarnish over time. (Sort of getting tired of silver buckles, which are appearing more and more Banana Republic to me everyday.) Â Everyone who is interested should phone Gary Drinkwater at 617-547-2067, except for BrianSD, who should PM me. Â The belts come in black and in brown (I have both colors). Â [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Oltmann

Oltmann Senior member

Bump for Brian SD.

5. LA Guy

Bump for BrianSD, again. Also, forgot to add that the black belt has nickel hardware, the brown, brass.

6. BlvdDandy

BlvdDandy Senior member

LA Guy or Gary -

How wide is the belt, and is it back in stock yet? Price?

7. LA Guy

About an inch and a quarter, and you'll have to ask Gary about whether it is back in stock yet. Normally, I like my jeans belts a little wider, but the heaviness of the buckle and the thickness of the bridle leather more than compensate for that, imo. The other thing, for me, is that because the belt is not the usual 1.5 " + belts I usually wear, it can be used not just for jeans and cords (unlike a lof of my other, thicker belts,) but will do well with a pant in a slightly dressier but still casual material, like wool flannel or moleskin.

Gary will have to tell you prices as well, but they were $170 last season.

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Haha, sorry about that. I forgot this thread applies to me and kept passing over it. Anyway, PM sent. That is a great looking belt, btw. I really really dig.

9. Drinkwaters

Drinkwaters Senior member

Unfortunately all the representatives from Engineered Garments are away this week in Japan and will be returning next week. I will keep everybody that is interested posted on my inventory status as it occurs.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Additionally, I hope to keep the price of $170.00 as long as they don't increase their price.

10. j

j Senior member Admin

That buckle is t-u-f-f tough. Where do I get one? Is it a real mil. design?

11. LA Guy

j., remember what that scary Asian dude with the tats told you? Seriously, phone Gary Drinkwater at 617-547-2067. He should be getting a shipment of both the brown pictured and the black (with a nickel buckle) in very soon. Both are super cool. Tell him who you are, and about how you, created the site and how you, Steve, me, Ambulance, and the original crew (many sadly no longer with us) took this thing to where it is now.

12. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

2 questions:

How long do you have to be a member to be the "original crew"?

And what ever happened to pstoller?

13. LA Guy

PeterMetro - definitely a member of the original crew in my eyes, although I guess that j. and Steve are really the leaders of the merry band, and I really have no say in the matter. PStoller left because it was interfering with his work or something (like work matters). Too bad. He had lots of good info and seemed like a nice guy.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I just realized that your registration dates in fact say "2002" on them. I'm still a newbie. I thought I had registered right after SF opened.

15. LA Guy

Brian,

Judging from your number of posts and your registration date, I would say that you are obsessed. Get help now.

16. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Hush it, oldster. You trying to start a war here? Fine. War it is. Look at ImageWIS. He is more of a fiend than I am.

17. j

j Senior member Admin

Wait, me too. Huh? Maybe it was just when I was getting back into it after my school-burnout hiatus period. Anyway, I consider Brian pretty old school. You want obsessed, look at drizzt... [​IMG] Click on members and sort by total posts, descending. 14.77 posts per day?.?..

18. LA Guy

BrianSD, with all due respect, you do not want to go there.  I cut my teeth on ernest.  You'll go down, and unlike Balboa, you'll stay down.  Hope you like the belt btw.  I plan on wearing mine tomorrow.  (Sort of alternating between that one and my Baltazar right now.)

19. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Aha. I'm the not-loser. Sorry Drizzt [​IMG]

20. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

got my belt today. A+ on this thing. I have a feeling it will last for years and years, and the buckle is incredibly innovative. It is tough as hell, it's the perfect height, and the leather is beautiful. My $300 (retail) Versace belt doesn't even come close to the same quality, and that's saying a lot, because Versace belts are typically high-quality stuff.
    A+ on Drinkwater's service as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.