• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Castangia trousers - any opinions?

Montesquieu

Reaction score
A local retailer sells Castangia products in RTW and MTM. I am considering ordering some trousers MTM, which start at €280 for the same wool as used in their RTW.

Does anyone have experience with their trousers and a point of view on their quality relative to other brands at a similar retail price point? I currently wear Incotex, which when ordered in my size and slim fit in wool, costs €240. Incotex fits me pretty well. For an extra €40, would anyone expect the Castangia MTM product to be significantly better in quality?

Note that the Castangia RTW in stock doesn't fit me well at all. The rise is too high (I would order a low-rise in MTM) and legs too full (I would order a slim fit). Hence Incotex wins the RTW battle hands down with their slim fit. The real question is Castangia's quality if MTM gets the fit right.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montesquieu
The real question is Castangia's quality if MTM gets the fit right.

Quality is excellent, with all the bells and whistles you'd find on top of the line Incotex plus some nice hand finishing. Fit in my experience is very similar to Brioni trousers.

wq1999

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of Castangia trousers and a couple suits and sportcoats (wearing one today). They are all fantastic. Quality and finishing is on par with the best RTW - I have not come across better trousers. I also have a pair of their secondary line trousers ("Castangia 1850"), also very good.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wq1999
I also have a pair of their secondary line trousers ("Castangia 1850"), also very good.
By "secondary," do you mean "inferior" line? I did not know Castangia had something like that.

Montesquieu

Reaction score
wq1999 and A Harris, thanks for your advice. Based on it, I ordered some MTM trousers today and will get more if they fit better than my Incotex.

Tomasso, thanks for the inspired image. I'll do my best to replicate it.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
I bought a pair of white linen Castangia trousers from what I later learned was A Harris over the summer, and I like them at least as much as my linen Incos and Isaias.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40