• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cassette Playa

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blah blah blah
talk about house of cassette

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how to respond to this. I don't know if you're serious or joking, if you're tryng to cause mass seizures or recruit me into some kind of strange 80's reggae cult. WTF?

Dill

Reaction score
I went to their website... what the ****?

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blah blah blah

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen this video. I don't like his raps. Spankrock for the win. His clothes are cool though.

About the brand, please? I really want to hear from people in London or Tokyo who've actually had the brand around for a little while.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
I have seen this video. I don't like his raps. Spankrock for the win. His clothes are cool though.

About the brand, please? I really want to hear from people in London or Tokyo who've actually had the brand around for a little while.

I saw Juiceboxxx today, down by the lake. He was dressed in neon clothing, and riding a bike with a boom box strapped to the back, blasting his album.

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blah blah blah

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I remember my old ravin days... Speaking of which that video reminded me of this

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes that cassette.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
A little bit of general context: Cassette playa is part of the whole general movement of electro (in the widest sense) hipster music being merged with sensibilities that owe as much to techno (Neu rave, French house, etc.) as rap, world music (think balle funk) and indie rock. The parties are usually fun and colourful and the "scene" is linked much more by the pervading sense of hipness, 80s rap and 90s rave love and actual connections between the artists (think 6 degrees of separation except it's always 0 to 3).

I'm not into Cassette Playa as I happen to despise ironic distanciation in fashion and pretty much everywhere else. As for why someone would pay $135 for an AA tee; well if you don't understand that design, in this case prints, are a huge part of the value of a garment you're kinda weird and probably badly dressed in well-made clothes. There could, of course, be a discussion about how the construction/material also ad to the overall design experience, via fit, drape, general look etc and AA just don't cut it for you. My point is simply that you also pay for the "idea": the concept and how the creator conveys it through design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads