• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashora? Drylag?

deaddog

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Isaia sportcoat on STP that is listed as 10% Cashora and 60% Drylag. Anybody know what these fabrics are? Should I expect a heavier weight jacket (fall/winter)? anybody guess what the remaining 30% is?
Thanks

deaddog

Reaction score
...and apparently it is a cross between cashmere and angora goats. anybody ever seen/felt it and have an opinon? And, I still can't figure out what the hck "drylag" is!!

ragdoll

Reaction score
I think it is Orylag and it is some sort of sheep or goat.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ragdoll
I think it is Orylag and it is some sort of sheep or goat.

When you Google Image 'Orylag', this is what you get:

peluche_off.jpg

I dont know about you, but I'd love to have a coat made from that guy.

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks guys - it sure didnt look like a rabbit fur Isaia sportcoat! But, we'll never know because its off the website now.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't know what "drylag/orylag" is, but I have a wool and cashgora suit made from Columbo fabric. It isn't actually a blend of angora and cashmere (meaning from two separate animals), but is an actual animal bred to have these similarities. Anyway, it is a really nice, soft fabric but definitely something to wear in colder weather. It feels a little lighter weight than 100% cashmere but still pretty sturdy. Overall, if you live in a place where you'd need a 2 season coat (late autumn and winter), then this would be good. If you live in a warmer climate, you probably would only need it a few times a year.

John

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have wool, angora and cashmere blend Aquascutum overcoat which is remarkably soft and warm; I would recommend it as a winter blend.

I do not have any experience with either cashgoras or orylags, however!
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's 30% nothing. That allows space in which the orylag and the cashgora do battle, according to the old tales about these mythical beasts.

Orylagagent

Reaction score
Hi,

Orylag is a new breed of rabbit, created after 15 years of scientific research.
The meat of he animal is eaten and is sold to Michelin star chefs, it appears on their menu as "rex du Poitou". The fur is known as "Orylag", and is used in both fashion design and interior design. It is the softest fur in the world, 3 times denser than normal rabbit fur, and the hair doesn't fell. It is just amazing! This is why it has been chosen by designers such as Fendi or Channel.

Cashgora is a fabric similar in appearance to cashmere, but it is made by mixing cashmere and angora goat hair. Really soft and silky, it goes very well with Orylag!

If you need further information, please e-mail me directly at [email protected], I am the UK agent for the Cooperative des Eleveurs d'Orylag. I can also provide you with both pelts and finished products, such as bed throws, amazing plushes (soft toys), gloves, handbags, and many other products...
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting info, thanks! Made me think back to my childhood pet rabbit and how I wish I could have said to my friends, "This is Fluffy, created after 15 years of scientific research."
smile.gif

John

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fascinating information.

I will be on the lookout for "Rex du Poitou" next time I dine out!
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orylagagent
Hi,

Orylag is a new breed of rabbit, created after 15 years of scientific research.
The meat of he animal is eaten and is sold to Michelin star chefs, it appears on their menu as "rex du Poitou". The fur is known as "Orylag", and is used in both fashion design and interior design. It is the softest fur in the world, 3 times denser than normal rabbit fur, and the hair doesn't fell. It is just amazing! This is why it has been chosen by designers such as Fendi or Channel.

Cashgora is a fabric similar in appearance to cashmere, but it is made by mixing cashmere and angora goat hair. Really soft and silky, it goes very well with Orylag!

If you need further information, please e-mail me directly at [email protected], I am the UK agent for the Cooperative des Eleveurs d'Orylag. I can also provide you with both pelts and finished products, such as bed throws, amazing plushes (soft toys), gloves, handbags, and many other products...
smile.gif

I prefer my version, even if his tastes better.

So, Mr. Orylag Agent, do you just periodically scan the Net looking for references to Orylag so you can put us on the straight-and-narrow about the stuff?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orylagagent
Hi,

amazing plushes (soft toys), ...
smile.gif

Very interesting information. Did you know that there is a thriving "plushies" sexual fetish movement here in the US. People both use the plushes and dress up as plushes to do you know what. I wonder if your product will become the must-have item for this group!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads