1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cashora? Drylag?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by deaddog, Jul 22, 2006.

1. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

I'm looking at a Isaia sportcoat on STP that is listed as 10% Cashora and 60% Drylag. Anybody know what these fabrics are? Should I expect a heavier weight jacket (fall/winter)? anybody guess what the remaining 30% is?
    Thanks

2. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

...and apparently it is a cross between cashmere and angora goats. anybody ever seen/felt it and have an opinon? And, I still can't figure out what the hck "drylag" is!!

3. ragdoll

ragdoll Senior Member

I think it is Orylag and it is some sort of sheep or goat.

4. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

I think it is Orylag and it is some sort of sheep or goat.

When you Google Image 'Orylag', this is what you get:

[​IMG]

I dont know about you, but I'd love to have a coat made from that guy.

5. ragdoll

ragdoll Senior Member

6. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

Thanks guys - it sure didnt look like a rabbit fur Isaia sportcoat! But, we'll never know because its off the website now.

7. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

I don't know what "drylag/orylag" is, but I have a wool and cashgora suit made from Columbo fabric. It isn't actually a blend of angora and cashmere (meaning from two separate animals), but is an actual animal bred to have these similarities. Anyway, it is a really nice, soft fabric but definitely something to wear in colder weather. It feels a little lighter weight than 100% cashmere but still pretty sturdy. Overall, if you live in a place where you'd need a 2 season coat (late autumn and winter), then this would be good. If you live in a warmer climate, you probably would only need it a few times a year.

John

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

I have wool, angora and cashmere blend Aquascutum overcoat which is remarkably soft and warm; I would recommend it as a winter blend.

I do not have any experience with either cashgoras or orylags, however! [​IMG]

9. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

10. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

I think it's 30% nothing. That allows space in which the orylag and the cashgora do battle, according to the old tales about these mythical beasts.

11. Orylagagent

Orylagagent New Member

Hi,

Orylag is a new breed of rabbit, created after 15 years of scientific research.
    The meat of he animal is eaten and is sold to Michelin star chefs, it appears on their menu as "rex du Poitou". The fur is known as "Orylag", and is used in both fashion design and interior design. It is the softest fur in the world, 3 times denser than normal rabbit fur, and the hair doesn't fell. It is just amazing! This is why it has been chosen by designers such as Fendi or Channel.

Cashgora is a fabric similar in appearance to cashmere, but it is made by mixing cashmere and angora goat hair. Really soft and silky, it goes very well with Orylag!

If you need further information, please e-mail me directly at [email protected], I am the UK agent for the Cooperative des Eleveurs d'Orylag. I can also provide you with both pelts and finished products, such as bed throws, amazing plushes (soft toys), gloves, handbags, and many other products... [​IMG]

12. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

Interesting info, thanks! Made me think back to my childhood pet rabbit and how I wish I could have said to my friends, "This is Fluffy, created after 15 years of scientific research." [​IMG]

John

13. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

Fascinating information.

I will be on the lookout for "Rex du Poitou" next time I dine out! [​IMG]

14. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

Hi,

Orylag is a new breed of rabbit, created after 15 years of scientific research.
    The meat of he animal is eaten and is sold to Michelin star chefs, it appears on their menu as "rex du Poitou". The fur is known as "Orylag", and is used in both fashion design and interior design. It is the softest fur in the world, 3 times denser than normal rabbit fur, and the hair doesn't fell. It is just amazing! This is why it has been chosen by designers such as Fendi or Channel.

Cashgora is a fabric similar in appearance to cashmere, but it is made by mixing cashmere and angora goat hair. Really soft and silky, it goes very well with Orylag!

If you need further information, please e-mail me directly at [email protected], I am the UK agent for the Cooperative des Eleveurs d'Orylag. I can also provide you with both pelts and finished products, such as bed throws, amazing plushes (soft toys), gloves, handbags, and many other products... [​IMG]

I prefer my version, even if his tastes better.

So, Mr. Orylag Agent, do you just periodically scan the Net looking for references to Orylag so you can put us on the straight-and-narrow about the stuff?

15. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Hi,

amazing plushes (soft toys), ... [​IMG]

Very interesting information. Did you know that there is a thriving "plushies" sexual fetish movement here in the US. People both use the plushes and dress up as plushes to do you know what. I wonder if your product will become the must-have item for this group!