• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pictures with garments as they arrived; open up with the arms spread; inside out; and close pictures , if you can, where the threads meet the base (if you have vertical garment), post the base of the garment, and the crewneck/v neck close up, also where the arms touches the shoulders (ofc if its from 2/3 pieces)
If your Kangra and Drumohr are lighter colours , please make macro pictures (if you can) with the threads (anywhere but base or arms base)
All of these if you can/want, otherwise just pictures with the overall garments
let me know if this works and i'll start doing pics of the rest. this is a size 50 and chest measures 20.5 inches, length is 26.5 inches. bottom measures about 15 inches. the threads seem to be about 1/16 of an inch (.15 cm)
IMG_2607.JPG
IMG_2608 (3).JPG
IMG_2609 (2).JPG
IMG_2611.JPG
IMG_2613.JPG

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like styfo compresses these down. I'll look into uploading elsewhere.

happydayz1

Reaction score
With Colhays, as they recommend, I would consider sizing up. I feel like it is Scott & Charter made as it is very similar in fit to a Scott & Charter 1 ply which I own.

Hand feel is decent. Certainly feels Scottish and not overly soft. I like the narrower neck, not sloppy. Personally would prefer a slightly longer sleeve length as for the size I found it on the shorter side. Their online measurements are accurate.

Reasonable amount of piling. Nothing to be worried about, but certainly not on the lower end of the spectrum from experience.

All that said, I like Colhays as a brand. I like the transparency and level of detail provided.

happydayz1

Reaction score
Also, I think I might pull the trigger on a Rubato cashmere. Will let you all know how I get on.

msimon

Reaction score
Gonna pick up ahume cashmere scarf in dark natural. I assume it's JoE and should not be concerned about the quality, there scarfs are much more expensive but look identical.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wEstSidE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics of Kangra cashmere. I can host images on Adobe if we need full resolution, so let me know. size 52, measures 22" p2p, 28-29 inches long, 16 inches wide at the hem. not being a cashmere expert or anything, I like this one a lot. it'll get a lot of use and I'll be able to report back on pilling and wear over time.
IMG_2614 (2).JPG
IMG_2616 (2).JPG
IMG_2617 (2).JPG
IMG_2618 (2).JPG
IMG_2619 (2).JPG

Bellasharma23

Reaction score
How would it stand?

I'm looking to purchase a couple of staple cashmere sweaters -- V-necks in basic colours to last me for enough time to justify the investment.

I'm looking primarily at Pringle and Drumohr since they can be had at decent prices online. Are Malo and/or Cucinelli really worth the few extra hundred over Pringle/Drumohr?

How about a cheaper brand like Kangra, which is available on Yoox? John Smedley? The stuff Turnbull & Asser retails?

Anything else I should be considering, say at under $200 a sweater?

Thanks in advance.
Hey Taimur,

You can try gucci, and H&M also for good stuff.

Chelsea boots for women's

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics of Kangra cashmere. I can host images on Adobe if we need full resolution, so let me know. size 52, measures 22" p2p, 28-29 inches long, 16 inches wide at the hem. not being a cashmere expert or anything, I like this one a lot. it'll get a lot of use and I'll be able to report back on pilling and wear over time.
View attachment 1865374 View attachment 1865375 View attachment 1865376 View attachment 1865377 View attachment 1865378

I had a lovely sleeveless cardigan from Kangra in a mud colour and it was great quality, very consistent with no pilling. With horror one day I discovered a small hole (moths) in the knit, so I gave it away. Still regretting having lost it.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Taimur,

You can try gucci, and H&M also for good stuff.

Chelsea boots for women's

Not aiming to argue with you, but your suggestion is quite contradictory. On one side Gucci stands for fancy, overpriced high end clothing, on the other H&M is synonim for cheap, affordable stuff, basically two extremes. I wouldn't go either for sourcing quality knitwear.

Last edited:

HotDilf

Reaction score
With horror one day I discovered a small hole (moths) in the knit

What do you do now to prevent this from happening to your knits? How do you store them?

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you do now to prevent this from happening to your knits? How do you store them?

Well, I'm not sure it works 100%, but since I'm using moth traps and moth sprays (Recozit), I had no more issues. Ideally I would store the knitwear single in plastic bags, but unfortunately little practicable.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At the end of the cold weather, I clean (dryclean or wash) my sweaters and put them in moth proof bags. As I understand things, the moths like what we consider dirt--skin oils, crumbs, etc. I hang some moth traps near the storage bags.

Moth balls also definitely work.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads