• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with knitting machines it's probably most useful to ask how is the loop being made , where the typical latch hook type machine might even tend to attenuate the yarn a bit as it lays in loops , other machines use sinkers etc to get to a gentler loop . at the end of the day knitting idiomatically boils down to pulling loops through loops .

so the machine will impose priorities on the yarn and may even influence that character a bit in process , along with the tension of the resulting fabric etc . and so is determinate of envelope of product ...

JamaisAssez

Reaction score
@aristoi bcn , thanks for the photos - you own some beautiful knits. Like you I love cashmere like some collect watches.

@RJman , always appreciate your insights.

I already own Loro Piana knits but I just placed an order for a baby cashmere crewneck, this time for an experiment: I plan to wear the thing every day while working from home, giving it no special treatment except handwashing when needed, will be happy to provide a review after a week.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Forgot to mention Esk Cashmere is supposed to be good. Anyone have experience with Colhay’s?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Forgot to mention Esk Cashmere is supposed to be good. Anyone have experience with Colhay’s?

They loaned me a sweater and I thought it was nice. Sent it back after trying it on since it was on loan to me.

Esk is nice I have a sweater they made for Nigel Cabourn that I like.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you order from Esk? Their website says new one in works but that's been there since like start of COVID.

Anyone have experience with Dalmo?

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took some pictures of my green and brown shaded made in Scotland cashmere knits. I really love this stuff and I’m always in the hunt of new shades, particularly rollnecks. There is Lockie, Laing and S&C among other less known brands/makers. I think I will contact Lockie to see if it’s possible to order a shade card and have made one single piece to the desired design.

View attachment 1737275 View attachment 1737276 View attachment 1737277 View attachment 1737278

I have the Lockie swatches, is there a particular shade you are looking for?

Johnny80

Reaction score
Yes, i have an cashmere ribbed submariner rollneck, a nice garment, sturdy, slim to the body
For now, no issues, but i had it for months, not even for 1 year

Moraga'd

Reaction score

I have two Colhay's roll neck cashmere submariner sweaters, 1 for over a year the other for 3 weeks. Very happy with them thus far. I also have a long sleeve polo and 3 short sleeve tennis polo's in cashmere/silk. I really like them although in all fairness I haven't put in major wear. Also, I picked up the Permanent Style Cashmere Rugby and am pleased with it as well.

bullethead

Reaction score
Can you order from Esk? Their website says new one in works but that's been there since like start of COVID.

Anyone have experience with Dalmo?
Yes though not for cashmere as of yet. You can reach them through instagram. Highly recommended, will use them again

Johnny80

Reaction score
Yes though not for cashmere as of yet. You can reach them through instagram. Highly recommended, will use them again
Do you have some pics of their garments? Since their online web and mail dont work...I never had/tried from Esk. Are you satisfied with their garments? Maybe i will place an order if they have shades of blue or grey

bullethead

Reaction score
Do you have some pics of their garments? Since their online web and mail dont work...I never had/tried from Esk. Are you satisfied with their garments? Maybe i will place an order if they have shades of blue or grey
Unfortunately, they are summer garments. Linen polos and some lightweight cottons. They reply quickly through instagram. I am satisfied and have a gift certificate I have yet to use. Want to do a cashmere sweater but I can’t make up my mind

Johnny80

Reaction score
Unfortunately, they are summer garments. Linen polos and some lightweight cottons. They reply quickly through instagram. I am satisfied and have a gift certificate I have yet to use. Want to do a cashmere sweater but I can’t make up my mind
So for now, you dont have any cashmere from them ? I dont use instagram, but its very strange that they dont have an email or something else, phone number. But your summer garments are ok, you are satisfied,right ?

bullethead

Reaction score
So for now, you dont have any cashmere from them ? I dont use instagram, but its very strange that they dont have an email or something else, phone number. But your summer garments are ok, you are satisfied,right ?
Yes. All adjustments were made, everything came out as planned. Prompt answers on questions, turnaround time satisfactory

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are the cashmere offerings from Cavour? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on their cardigans and baby cashmere

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads