• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes the cashmere knitwear for Bergdorf Goodman and how the quality is? Also, how is Colombo as compared to Loro Piana?

Johnny80

Reaction score
Anyone know who makes the cashmere knitwear for Bergdorf Goodman and how the quality is? Also, how is Colombo as compared to Loro Piana?
Colombo is by far a better product overall compared to Loro Piana...has better shape. I just bought again from them the other day
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 15.31.33.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 15.46.22.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 16.08.13.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 16.12.10.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 16.21.58.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 16.26.19.jpeg

Johnny80

Reaction score
What do you think of Fioroni?
I have some from Fioroni too...they are the cashmere people from Cesare Attolini now
But in terms of cashmere and their suede/wool combo , they are also top notch
But if you want full suede, i would still go for Barba since their quality/price cannot be beaten
But for cashmere i always look first at Colombo/Fioroni/Kiton and after that i look at Brunello / Malo and Johnstons of Elgin (for those who want an lower price but still with very good quality )

Last edited:

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some from Fioroni too...they are the cashmere people under Cesare Attolini for some time
But if you want full suede, i would still go for Barba since their quality/price is better
But for cashmere i always look first at Colombo/Fioroni/Kiton and after that i look at Brunello / Malo and Johnstons of Elgin (for those who want an lower price but still with very good quality )
Yeah, the 1 Fioroni piece I have is amazing. I didn't know they make Attolini's knitwear. Do you know who makes Kiton's knitwear?

I haven't tried Colombo but have only heard great things about it. Will have to check it out

Johnny80

Reaction score
Yeah, the 1 Fioroni piece I have is amazing. I didn't know they make Attolini's knitwear. Do you know who makes Kiton's knitwear?

I haven't tried Colombo but have only heard great things about it. Will have to check it out
Kiton makes their own fabrics...when i was in their warehouse back in 2017, i could chose whatever fabric, whatever pattern i could think of, whatever weight fabric...but of course if they didnt had on "stock" a suit like that place me on hold for almost 2-3 months max..around 3-4 weeks for the fabric with the special pattern and weight that i wanted and after that another 3-4 weeks with around 4 fittings checks
Their bottom wool strats from 14 microns and goes up from there

Last edited:

Johnny80

Reaction score
Also Alan Paine is on the same level of quality and price with Johnstons of Elgin

jpo

Reaction score
I have some from Fioroni too...they are the cashmere people from Cesare Attolini now
But if you want full suede, i would still go for Barba since their quality/price cannot be beaten
Can anyone describe the fit of Fioroni cashmere pullovers? Going to pull the trigger but need to dial in the right size.

Johnny80

Reaction score
Can anyone describe the fit of Fioroni cashmere pullovers? Going to pull the trigger but need to dial in the right size.
It depends compared to what?
Do you have any other pullovers from other brand to see how to measure and compare?
In general, the fit is between normal and slim..the fit similar to Johnstons of Elgin

Last edited:

dan'l

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered cashmere knitwear and had it sent to the States? I read an old DWW post about 50% duty for cashmere, and was wondering if it is still the case today.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ordered cashmere knitwear and had it sent to the States? I read an old DWW post about 50% duty for cashmere, and was wondering if it is still the case today.
The extra duties on cashmere from the UK were lifted this past spring. Current duty rate is 4% on shipments over $800

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.