• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Sweater Hierarchy

HotDilf

Reaction score
Gentlemen, beware of counterfeit LP on Evil-Bay. :)

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-13 à 10.12.41.png
Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-13 à 10.12.50.png

epsilon22

Reaction score
I got a second polo from Colhay's but the collar is weirdly huge. The collar point on my previous cream polo was 6.5cm, the new navy one is 10cm and has a wider angle, that's a substantial change. Emailed them asking if this is the new design or some manufacturing error, but haven't heard back in over a week (I've sent follow-ups).

Is this something that can be altered by a tailor? Honestly I really like the fit of their polos, so if it's an easy fix I might just keep it. Returns would be quite costly since they don't provide shipping labels, though if this is a manufacturing defect I'd like them to cover the return shipping at least.

2024-06-13 22.53.12.jpg

happydayz1

Reaction score
I got a second polo from Colhay's but the collar is weirdly huge. The collar point on my previous cream polo was 6.5cm, the new navy one is 10cm and has a wider angle, that's a substantial change. Emailed them asking if this is the new design or some manufacturing error, but haven't heard back in over a week (I've sent follow-ups).

Is this something that can be altered by a tailor? Honestly I really like the fit of their polos, so if it's an easy fix I might just keep it. Returns would be quite costly since they don't provide shipping labels, though if this is a manufacturing defect I'd like them to cover the return shipping at least.

View attachment 2204169

I don’t imagine this would be an easy fix. Is this the short sleeve polo? Does it differ from their stock images on their site for this colour? If so, and if you aren’t happy, I’d be asking them to consider covering return of the item, although not a substantial difference, doesn’t correspond with what is being offered for sale.

epsilon22

Reaction score
I don’t imagine this would be an easy fix. Is this the short sleeve polo? Does it differ from their stock images on their site for this colour? If so, and if you aren’t happy, I’d be asking them to consider covering return of the item, although not a substantial difference, doesn’t correspond with what is being offered for sale.
Yeah it's the short-sleeve polo. It differs quite a lot from the other polo I've bought previously (in cream). The cream one is closer to what the photos shown on the product page looks like.

Pics below for comparison, the navy polo's bigger collar (on the back side too) pushes it up higher, and you can see that the tips of the collar reach around halfway towards the shoulder seams. None of the pics on Colhay's website shows this big of a collar.

2024-06-18 23.31.03.jpg

2024-06-18 23.34.58.jpg

This is the most close-up pic of their navy polo's collar on the website:
RESIZEDColhays_SS21_Studio_9393_1024x1024.jpg

happydayz1

Reaction score
I have their long sleeved sports shirt and it is the same collar size as the cream.

The collar on the navy looks disproportionally large, doesn’t match website images, and I’d personally be looking for a refund with covered returns.

epsilon22

Reaction score
I have their long sleeved sports shirt and it is the same collar size as the cream.

The collar on the navy looks disproportionally large, doesn’t match website images, and I’d personally be looking for a refund with covered returns.
Yeah I've sent multiple emails over the past week. Their return policy says 14 days since received, but if I tried reaching out to them and they took over a week to reply it's not really on me. If they don't respond within the 14 days I'll try contacting the credit card company.

Shame about the support, I love their products that I've bought so far and I'm even considering a few other pieces right now.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's the short-sleeve polo. It differs quite a lot from the other polo I've bought previously (in cream). The cream one is closer to what the photos shown on the product page looks like.

Pics below for comparison, the navy polo's bigger collar (on the back side too) pushes it up higher, and you can see that the tips of the collar reach around halfway towards the shoulder seams. None of the pics on Colhay's website shows this big of a collar.

View attachment 2204219
View attachment 2204217

This is the most close-up pic of their navy polo's collar on the website:
RESIZEDColhays_SS21_Studio_9393_1024x1024.jpg

Personally I prefer the bigger collar, also in the shape, but tastes are different and if you like more the small one, send the blue polo back, before the 14 days are over. Of course it's very annoying that they have such a poor customer service.

ZRH1

Reaction score
as for missing replies by Collaro, I never heard back from Ron, the owner, when I asked him about upcoming roll necks. I know him from emails from when he started, where he would answer within hours.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Personally I prefer the bigger collar, also in the shape, but tastes are different and if you like more the small one, send the blue polo back, before the 14 days are over. Of course it's very annoying that they have such a poor customer service.
Yeah it's a completely different look compared to the cream one though, this much variation in an almost GBP300 garment is frankly baffling and unacceptable.

I'm not keen on paying $40+ to return a defective garment so I'll be waiting for them to respond or I'll talk to my credit card issuer if this could be disputed as I tried to reach out to the seller already.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a completely different look compared to the cream one though, this much variation in an almost GBP300 garment is frankly baffling and unacceptable.

I'm not keen on paying $40+ to return a defective garment so I'll be waiting for them to respond or I'll talk to my credit card issuer if this could be disputed as I tried to reach out to the seller already.

I get your point, but you actually shouldn't fear to have the shipment costs not refunded, as it's absolutely evident that the garment is different from the one you purchased previously. I think that any brand with a serious business would be accomodating. Furthermore I would suggest to use a payment method providing more security in the future, like PayPal.

epsilon22

Reaction score
I get your point, but you actually shouldn't fear to have the shipment costs not refunded, as it's absolutely evident that the garment is different from the one you purchased previously. I think that any brand with a serious business would be accomodating. Furthermore I would suggest to use a payment method providing more security in the future, like PayPal.
Yeah I used my Amex card through Paypal so I can start a dispute from either. I don't like resorting to this method unless the seller really won't provide any reasonable solution. I'll wait until Monday to see if they reply to my emails.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dem