• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Socks

spinlps

Reaction score
I picked up some cashmere and cashmere blend socks lately but didn't save the care instructions. Any rec's on how to wash them? I was thinking hand or machine wash with Woolite and dry flat.

Thanks.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
With my cashmere blend socks I wash on delicate and lay flat to dry. Hand washing would be fine, but I'm not that dedicated.
cool.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am lazy about socks, so I throw them in the wash with the other dark stuff on cold, then into the dryer on low heat. Never had a problem that way. They might shrink somewhat, but they stretch back out, as far as I can tell. If I cared a little more, I would lay them on a towel to dry.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Handle ... Wash ... Dry
Carefully ... Coldly ... Heatlessly.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are cashmere socks in term of confort?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How are cashmere socks in term of confort?
Mine are very soft and comfortable, and seem to hold up pretty well, considering how I treat them. The only problem I have with them is that they are so warm that they make my feet sweat a bit, and then if the shoes don't breathe my feet get damp and cold. Wool or other socks do not do this.

I just got a pair of part cashmere Polo socks on clearance. I think they are about 12% cashmere, and otherwise lambswool and nylon, etc., and they are extremely nice, stay up well, and look durable. A good deal for $8, in my opinion.

BTW, (and not trying to be one of those picky annoying spell-checker people, but since you asked for us to correct your English,) the word is 'comfort'.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another disagreeable thing I have noticed with my cashmere socks is that they tend to make your foot slide inside a leather shoe.

tdial

Reaction score
Another disagreeable thing I have noticed with my cashmere socks is that they tend to make your foot slide inside a leather shoe.
True on all counts. I received two pairs of cashmere for Christmas this year, and while I do love them, they definitely will warm your feet considerably (to the point of perspiration) and they do tend to bunch up in my leather shoes. However, if you live in a really cold environment and walk outdoors, you'll be happy with the cashmere.

BTW, I handwash mine and air dry, which almost assures that they won't get much wear from me.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SO they are good in front of your screen at home during winter but not to walk.

kalice

Reaction score
I usually handwash all my delicate fabrics in baby shampoo. Just use some elbow grease to make sure its clean, and then lay flat to dry. although if you wear a lot of cashmere socks, it may become a time issues. My problem with cashmere is that they tend to pill easily, but feel so wonderful

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rummaging through the basement, are you?
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics