• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cash/Credit Cards/ATMs in Japan?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Japan is the safest, most honest society I have ever experienced.
Although I did have to permanently cripple a rasta in Kabukicho that one time. He now has only one eye because he can't take no for an answer.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Although I did have to permanently cripple a rasta in Kabukicho that one time. He now has only one eye because he can't take no for an answer.

See, I can't tell if you're kidding.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
See, I can't tell if you're kidding.

I am not. I thought I was in danger and reacted with what I believed to be the appropriate measure of force. It just so happens that this force caused my finger to enter his eye socket to the second knuckle.

A cop was standing there watching. He'd have let me know if I'd have done something inappropriate.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not. I thought I was in danger and reacted with what I believed to be the appropriate measure of force. It just so happens that this force caused my finger to enter his eye socket to the second knuckle.

A cop was standing there watching. He'd have let me know if I'd have done something inappropriate.

That's pretty fucked up man...I don't doubt your intention or rightness in the situation but just a fucked up result. What exactly was the scrawny Japanese rasta doing to you?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
That's pretty fucked up man...I don't doubt your intention or rightness in the situation but just a fucked up result. What exactly was the scrawny Japanese rasta doing to you?
No, this was a medium sized Jamaican rasta. I wouldn't have hit a scrawny Japanese Rasta because they aren't aggressive. And he was attempting to pull me into an alley by my arm, where there were "fine laaaaydies mon". I told him I didn't want to go, he followed me for like four blocks, and finally grabbed me and started pulling me. I told him to let go. He didn't. I looked at the cop. Cop smirked. I punched him in the eye socket and blood and ichor squirted out. He let go. I kept walking.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, this was a medium sized Jamaican rasta. I wouldn't have hit a scrawny Japanese Rasta because they aren't aggressive.

And he was attempting to pull me into an alley by my arm, where there were "fine laaaaydies mon". I told him I didn't want to go, he followed me for like four blocks, and finally grabbed me and started pulling me. I told him to let go. He didn't. I looked at the cop. Cop smirked. I punched him in the eye socket and blood and ichor squirted out. He let go. I kept walking.

Ah, that makes more sense. Sounds like the asshole had it coming.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ah, that makes more sense. Sounds like the asshole had it coming.

I had take out. **** was getting cold.

blackjack

Reaction score
No, this was a medium sized Jamaican rasta. I wouldn't have hit a scrawny Japanese Rasta because they aren't aggressive. And he was attempting to pull me into an alley by my arm, where there were "fine laaaaydies mon". I told him I didn't want to go, he followed me for like four blocks, and finally grabbed me and started pulling me. I told him to let go. He didn't. I looked at the cop. Cop smirked. I punched him in the eye socket and blood and ichor squirted out. He let go. I kept walking.
More like a fake Jamaican rasta. The ones who hang in the middle of Takeshita-dori in Harajuku dressed in rasta gear are all Nigerian clowns. The Nigerians in Roppongi are the most annoying. However, it's only the tourists or the extremely gullible who agree to accompany them to their ripoff clubs ("a bowl full of *******, sah! a bowl full of *******!"), sip the complimentary blue-colored cocktail dosed liberally with Rohypnol and Special-K, pass out and when they awake 15 hours later, they discover their AmEx has been jacked to the tune of over $10,000. A very expensive bowl full of *******. Of course, the warning from the US Embassy does not mention Nigerians as that would be politically-incorrect. However, they put the same warning out twice last year within the same time frame. As it leaked out, one of the American Embassy staffers fell victim to the drink spiking scam (or else, charged up huge bill at the lapdancing club, went into shock at the bill (they provide handjobs, blowjobs and full-service in the back ... for a fee) and claimed he had been jacked). http://tokyo.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tac...n20090710.html
Warden Message: Roppongi Security Notice: Drink Spiking July 10, 2009 The U.S. Embassy continues to recommend that American citizens avoid frequenting bars and clubs in the Roppongi area of Tokyo due to drink-spiking incidents. The U.S. Embassy continues to receive reliable reports of U.S. citizens being drugged in Roppongi-area bars. Most reports indicate that the victim unknowingly drinks a beverage that has been secretly mixed with a drug that renders the victim unconscious or stuporous for several hours, during which time large charges are fraudulently billed to the victim, sums of money are charged to the victim’s credit card, or the card is stolen. Victims sometimes regain consciousness in the bar or club, while at other times the victim awakens on the street. Assaults on Americans have also been reported in connection with drink-spiking. For further information, please consult the Country Specific Information Sheet for Japan, available via the Internet at http://travel.state.gov. ....

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackjack
More like a fake Jamaican rasta. The ones who hang in the middle of Takeshita-dori in Harajuku dressed in rasta gear are all Nigerian clowns.

The Nigerians in Roppongi are the most annoying. However, it's only the tourists or the extremely gullible who agree to accompany them to their ripoff clubs ("a bowl full of *******, sah! a bowl full of *******!"), sip the complimentary blue-colored cocktail dosed liberally with Rohypnol and Special-K, pass out and when they awake 15 hours later, they discover their AmEx has been jacked to the tune of over $10,000. A very expensive bowl full of *******.

I don't think being grabbed by a Nigerian is better than being grabbed by a Jamaican. Either way he was overly aggressive and is now likely sporting an eyepatch. I hope he learned his lesson. Never **** with a dude with an American passport and a sack full of rapidly cooling take out.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think being grabbed by a Nigerian is better than being grabbed by a Jamaican. Either way he was overly aggressive and is now likely sporting an eyepatch. I hope he learned his lesson. Never **** with a dude with an American passport and a sack full of rapidly cooling take out.

I like that as a euphemism for ****.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I like that as a euphemism for ****.

Nasty. I'm telling your mom.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads