• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casablanca quotes

naturlaut

Reaction score
Call me boring, but I think the dark double breasted Bogie was wearing (back in Paris trying to finish all the champagne) with white shirt dark tie was very elegant too. None of the suits portrayed how short he actually was. One of my friends was shocked when she finally realized how short Bogie was (standing next to Henreid or Bergman), which you never noticed when you first watch the film.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
You guys are both wrong. Â (I say this with the proper respect due when someone who can barely play "Chopsticks" dares to contradict two eminent pianists.) Â The best suit Bogie ever wore was the navy SB peak he wore on "day two" of The Maltese Falcon.

Jill

Reaction score
Nope, sorry Manton. I really hate to contradict ya here... really I do. But in the sartorial history of cinema, no average-looking man has ever looked better than Bogie in his white dinner jacket at Rick's.

Jill

Reaction score
I've never seen this movie. Tons of great lines here, no one everyone says it's so great.
PHV, honey, you're hurting me here. Do I need to send it to you? You mustn't watch it just once, though. The subtle nuance (and quick retorts) are oftimes not heard until the 3rd or 4th viewing.

Considering how long it took you to receive you tie, though, maybe you should just go rent it..

naturlaut

Reaction score
White dinner jacket, ventless.
"OK Rick."

tgfny

Reaction score
What is today's Casablanca? Slightly dangerous, exotic and warm,good mix of people and characters and in need of a good "gin joint"? Southern Spain, Marakech, Punta del Este, somewhere in SE Asia?

naturlaut

Reaction score
What is today's Casablanca? Slightly dangerous, exotic and warm,good mix of people and characters and in need of a good "gin joint"? Southern Spain, Marakech, Punta del Este, somewhere in SE Asia?
"We have something to look forward to". I am sure it's bound to get a re-make in Hollywood some time.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(tgfny @ May 01 2005,23:03) What is today's Casablanca? Slightly dangerous, exotic and warm,good mix of people and characters and in need of a good "gin joint"? Southern Spain, Marakech, Punta del Este, somewhere in SE Asia?
"We have something to look forward to". I am sure it's bound to get a re-make in Hollywood some time.
NOOOOO........ All we need is for Hollywood to ruin yet another classic.
mad.gif
Jon.

Kevin

Reaction score
Just watched it again last night. I forgot how good it was.

Ugarte: Heh, you know, watching you just now with the Deutsche Bank, one would think you've been doing this all your life.
Rick: Oh, what makes you think I haven't?
Ugarte: Oh, n-nothing, but when you first came to Casablanca, I thought...
Rick: You thought what?
Ugarte: Hmm, what right do I have to think, huh?

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?
Rick: If I gave you any thought I probably would.

Captain Renault: In 1935, you ran guns to Ethiopia. In 1936, you fought in Spain, on the Loyalist side.
Rick: I got well paid for it on both occasions.
Captain Renault: The winning side would have paid you much better.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Watched Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon yesterday. I was born in the wrong era. *sigh

ditto.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"There are peekpockets EVERYWHERE..."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads